MMjoy

So did you try running as Admin and auto start uploading when port present?...

Other thing... the reset must not be a permanent input.

Run as Admin? yes

Auto start unchecked

The reset must not be a permanent input? I'm not sure what you mean

Marc..

Run as Admin? yes

Auto start unchecked

The reset must not be a permanent input? I'm not sure what you mean

Marc..

About reset, I meant that the RST pin doesn't have to be permanent shorted. 2 or 3 of inputs should be ok.

What I do is once I've identify the serial port of the arduino, check the Auto load and set the correct COM number. Obviously running the soft as Admin, an then reset the arduino. Then the software should detect the serial port being active and it will automatically upload the firmware.

Edited by ice_pdb

About reset, I meant that the RST pin doesn't have to be permanent shorted. 2 or 3 of inputs should be ok.

No, they were not permanent shorted

What I do is once I've identify the serial port of the arduino, check the Auto load and set the correct COM number

How do you identify the serial port of the arduino? Auto load, you mean Auto start upload?

Marc..

No, they were not permanent shorted

How do you identify the serial port of the arduino? Auto load, you mean Auto start upload?

Marc..

Device Manager. In your case seems to be 5.

Yes, auto start loading.

Right click on the mmjoy2 software a make sure you run it as admin. If you don't do it in some Windows it won't allow any hardware modifications.

Off to sleep. Later

Device Manager. In your case seems to be 5.

Yes, auto start loading.

Right click on the mmjoy2 software a make sure you run it as admin. If you don't do it in some Windows it won't allow any hardware modifications.

Off to sleep. Later

Yeah! I do run it as Admin

When you first plug in the Pro Micro, is it supposed to show up in the USB list window (update usb list)? In my case it doesn't

How can you tell if the firmware was upload successfully? My last attempt, the cmd.exe showed up so fast that I could not tell if it did or not uploaded

What is the Clear EEPROM tab for?

EDIT: Got it figured out, my mistake, com port changes when you touch together the Gnd and Rst :wallbash: so now I have one led lit up on the pro micro

I don't remember the last time I used my head that much :rolleyes:

Edited by Marcq

Oh!! I took for granted that detail...and also thought that the picture of the device manager showing the com port was from its reset state.

So were you able to load the firmware? Remember that it won't show as a joystick in Windows until you configure an axis or button.

So were you able to load the firmware? Remember that it won't show as a joystick in Windows until you configure an axis or button.

Yup the firmware is loaded, everything is cool until my next snag

Thanks again

Marc..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have just made a batch of new 4021 shift registers. These are compatible to the Thrustmaster hardware and also to MMJoy2. The dimensions are 20 mm x 50 mm (0.79 in x 1.97 in), so they are very small and fit basically in everywhere. The pins are spaced in standard 2,54 mm (0.1 in) to fit normal header pins (see picture 2). I offer them either with or without header pins attached.

The shift register is 24 Bit, so it has 24 inputs that you can connect buttons to. It can also be daisy chained, so you can put several shift register boards in series. Eg MMJoy2 supports 12 shift registers in series. So if you daisy chain 4 of my 24 Bit shift register boards, you have a total of 96 button inputs with just 2 pins used. If this isnt pretty damn cool I dont know what is. smile.gif

Price is 10€ per shift register.

IMG-20200106-124657.jpg IMG-20200106-132920.jpg

• Like 1

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 5 weeks later...

I am looking for some help with the MMJOY software. The links I have read on how to use it are pretty basic and I cannot find what I am looking for. I am trying to correct some "drift" in my Cougar microstick. I have put a little deadzone via the software and my cursor still drifts up on my MFD's. It makes targeting in AA and AG a bit difficult.

I am open to any suggestions. Thank you!

Edited by GreatWhiteHype

I am looking for some help with the MMJOY software. The links I have read on how to use it are pretty basic and I cannot find what I am looking for. I am trying to correct some "drift" in my Cougar microstick. I have put a little deadzone via the software and my cursor still drifts up on my MFD's. It makes targeting in AA and AG a bit difficult.

I am open to any suggestions. Thank you!

You can recalibrate your Microstick in MMJoy, especially reset the center of your Microstick correctly. You can also increase your deadzone in MMJoy. If it is still drifting afterwards, most likely your Microstick is failing. The Cougar Microstick sadly is not of the best quality.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 1 month later...

Guys, i could really use some help with mmjoy. I have made my own rudder pedals, using the excellent guide found on mudspike. I have flashed the pro micro board, connected the tle5010 sensor and i am getting data from the sensor. Now it´s getting weird. I have used the calibrate helper to find the min and max and i have set up the center postion. The values are between 40194 and 41232.

First problem: Using vkb joystick tester, i dont get a center postion with the min and max on the outsides, but the line is on the top, with only very small min and max.

Second problem: The pedals do show up in windows gamecontrollers, but there is no axes to calibrate.

Has anybody seen this before and does somebody know what i am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

diode type

hi there can i use 1N4007 instead 1N41482

thanks

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

With MMJoy, is it possible to have a virtual button which would be the result (mixing) of 2 buttons

ex :

Input Button 1 (only) => Output Button 1

Input Button 2 (only) => Output Button 2

Input Button 1 and 2 (together) => Output New Button 3

It sounds like 1/4 of HAT works

Input UP button => Output UP button

Input RIGHT button => Output RIGHT button

Input UP + RIGHT button => Output New Button 3

But without using the HAT function which requires having 4 buttons ...

I'm looking for a software solution before a hardware solution :smilewink:

I'm looking for a software solution before a hardware solution :smilewink:

MMjoy2 has a "shift" function, don't know how work in practice, but probable not what you want.

Anyway a software solution for this is JoyToKey, in Options > Configure Button Alias.

anyone know how to solve this?

Started up mmjoy2 again to work on a new project and it gives me this message on startup. Whether I have an Arduino hooked up or not.

"Device cannot be identified."

I can't change the settings of any devices, nothing shows up on the usb list.

Using MMJOY2_v20160818upd1 With an Arduino Micro

mmjoy2.thumb.PNG.082694e701dd076ecda52940850cb9b0.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
24 bit shift register uploaded.

5a4331bbb823d9578a4fb3b946b6198d.png

A45aCns.jpg

ORDER LINK

Hey debolestis!

I seem to remember one of these posts having a parts list attached...and now I can't find it.

Any chance you can give me the rundown?

Thanks in advance

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey debolestis!

I seem to remember one of these posts having a parts list attached...and now I can't find it.

Any chance you can give me the rundown?

Thanks in advance

Sierra

Do you need help sourcing parts or building? The parts are labeled on the the board. The 2 major ones are the 10k ohm network resistor and the 4021 shift register. I remember in some post conversation with Debolestis the "capacitor 100nf" I can't remember the type but you only need that when you start to daisy chain the boards. So technically you only need pin headers, resistors and shift register. I have built a few of these boards I can dig them up and give you part or model numbers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you need help sourcing parts or building? The parts are labeled on the the board. The 2 major ones are the 10k ohm network resistor and the 4021 shift register. I remember in some post conversation with Debolestis the "capacitor 100nf" I can't remember the type but you only need that when you start to daisy chain the boards. So technically you only need pin headers, resistors and shift register. I have built a few of these boards I can dig them up and give you part or model numbers?

Just looking for a source for the resister networks..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Just looking for a source for the resister networks..

Ah ok! There kind of all over the place just google

"10k ohm 9 pin network resistor"

Not sure about some of the numbers stamped on the resistor but they are directional for the Debolestis's shift reg boards the little dot needs to be the right way on the board.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2760524&postcount=50

and capacitor reference.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2762026&postcount=56

Technically you can make your own network resistor but it doesn't look pretty

https://learn.pimoroni.com/tutorial/hacks/inline-resistor-network just a idea if you have resistors lying around. Third pic down on page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I am trying to setup the pedals using hall sensors and a Pro Micro, flashed the Micro with the MMJoy setup and shows up as a MMJ-Reset device , but on double clicking the device in Devices and Printers (joystick) it says its disconnected , The hall sensors that i have are the MH 481 and the Allegro 3144.

Any help appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC