MMjoy

im having no joy setting this up, can anyone cast an eye over this and tell em what might be wrong? all sets are saved

i can light the numbers in the matrix, but the buttons dont repsond in windows usb game controllers,

Untitled.thumb.png.0dd518625d0493ec17ad115adbce0f72.png

thanks in advance

It looks like a part of your text is hidden behind the picture. Are you using the short-press buttons or ON-ON switches? It might be that you are missing the logic behind the different logical button modes. "Switch On" means that when a physical button is pressed or held there will be a brief logical button press and then immediately a release. Typically you won't see it in Windows game controllers setup screen as the press duration is very short. Try a Button (norm) mode instead- it will deliver a logical button press as long as you have a physical button pressed.

I defined 4 virtual buttons at the ends of a mini joystick.

axis_buttons.jpg.39b3b2bdff1fe5b00e2d28e489f1a22c.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

When MMJOY2[v20160818upd1] starting, the state of these buttons is not initialized correctly or unstable.

After moving the mini joytsick to the 4 ends, everything becomes ok.

Would there be a solution so that the initialization is done automatically?

We read on the web that the latest version [v20161101] is buggy ... Do we know the problem, is it a particular function?

Would there be a solution so that the initialization is done automatically?

How did you calibrate these axis? The Axis to Button function is using the raw axis range that needs to be set first. If "auto" calibration mode is used, then the range is set only after the joystick is moved to the extremes. Try using the "saved" mode, calibrating and saving the range first.

Thanks for your answer

All my axis are 'nothing' ...

I'll test your solution and get back

Is it necessary to do this for all other axis ?

All the axis have to be calibrated. If you choose "auto" then you need to move all the axes to the extremes every time you connect the joystick to the computer which is inconvenient (from my point of view). I prefer "save with center" option which has to be applied once using the "calibrate helper", and don't forget to save the settings to the device as you do with axis/ button assignments.

All the axis have to be calibrated. If you choose "auto" then you need to move all the axes to the extremes every time you connect the joystick to the computer which is inconvenient (from my point of view).

Yes, "auto calibration" is not good idea, for example if you have the joy, pedal... plugged when tun on the computer, and for any reason some of their axis is not on center, the "auto calibration" will define the new center in wrong position, requiring up-plug and plug after for fix, and generally you will notice this after start a game. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 6:21 AM, slowmover said:

I have a problem with arduino pro micro. The USB port is very sensitive and I have destroyed many arduino.I wonder if we can change that port? Like arduino uno which is bigger.

Some people recommends to cover the micro usb connector with hot glue. I recommend you to use a "Panel Mount Type B to Micro USB" connector. I posted an image.

002 - 700x700 - Doc1 expandido.png

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, Wallkon said:

Please, tell me if this is possible. Thanks.

All the supported A/D modules are listed under the "Source" tab in MMJoy configurator, and these are MCP3201-3208. MMJoy firmware will not be updated as the project is closed and the developer is now working for Virpil team. 

I have an issue I cannot seem to figure out. I have used MMJOY in the past with no issues, but mostly for axis. I am building a button box and am having an issue with the buttons working in windows. They work fine in mmjoy2, but when I use the windows game controller window to test the device no button registers. I have stripped it down to a single push button and still nothing registers when a button is pressed. The device shows up in windows.

I couldn't seem to get a screen shot while the button was depressed, but it lit up button 16 in the mmjoy panel.

Am I missing some reason why the button presses wouldn't show up in windows?

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot

Thanks for your response.

All the columns and rows were used on the original button box, I just stripped everything out and hooked up 1 button for this test once things were not working to simplify. I understand the matrix. I stress the button all show up in MMJOY just not in the windows game controller. I assumed it has something to do with assigning them in that box on the right, but I have tried switch and switch on and neither works.

I know to save it down...as I mentioned  I have used MMJOY several times before but only axis and not buttons.

If I have a momentary button what setting is needed to get it to show up in game controller? If its a toggle switch? 

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot