MMjoy

Am 19.4.2021 um 17:24 schrieb TomVR:

The only things I have a special configuration are a few toggle switches much further up in the button set and encoders.

The buttons having issues are just normal buttons (And can't be set as custom functions anyway as they are beyond 32) I've attached the setup file.

MMJOY2ISSUES.PNG

f18quad_20210418.mmjoy 1 kB · 2 Downloads f18quad_20210418.mmjoy_HID_txt 4 kB · 1 Download

I have this problem too. 

I investigated the issue and I can explain it.

All the button of my button box is recognized with mmjoy software button page.( the page in above pic)

I configured them  all as normal buttons in the right section. So far so good.

Then I used joystick germlin (is the spell right? :D) and I pressed some buttons, the program recognized some. But some of them didn't recognized by the program. I opened VKB button test in MMjoy and it didnt recognized the buttons that joystick germlin couldnt recognized. At the same time when I press them, the nummber of the button goes red in the MMjoy button section (pic above). So they have no hardware problem. Then I changed the nummber of button in the right section of pic above and then saved them. I tested it with VKB button test and joystick germlin, both didn't recognized some buttons but they were diffrent button from the first test. I realy hope someone could me solve this problem beacuse I put a lot of time on buliding my button box.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dovahkiin_r said:

I have this problem too. 

I investigated the issue and I can explain it.

All the button of my button box is recognized with mmjoy software button page.( the page in above pic)

I configured them  all as normal buttons in the right section. So far so good.

Then I used joystick germlin (is the spell right? :D) and I pressed some buttons, the program recognized some. But some of them didn't recognized by the program. I opened VKB button test in MMjoy and it didnt recognized the buttons that joystick germlin couldnt recognized. At the same time when I press them, the nummber of the button goes red in the MMjoy button section (pic above). So they have no hardware problem. Then I changed the nummber of button in the right section of pic above and then saved them. I tested it with VKB button test and joystick germlin, both didn't recognized some buttons but they were diffrent button from the first test. I realy hope someone could me solve this problem beacuse I put a lot of time on buliding my button box.

Are your problem buttons also beyond the 32 button range? I might end up splitting my device with a second arduino to just make it two USB devices under the 32 button Dinput limit and not have the problem anymore. (using shift registers in a daisy chain so I can split them up)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb TomVR:

Are your problem buttons also beyond the 32 button range? I might end up splitting my device with a second arduino to just make it two USB devices under the 32 button Dinput limit and not have the problem anymore. (using shift registers in a daisy chain so I can split them up)

I'm not 100 percent sure. But I'm thinking about spliting the device too...

I will ask about this problem in simHQ forum mybe someone can help solve this problem

I tested it more and found out that in the MMJOY, button that connected to the first line of shift regisers have no problem, but the secound line have some... (for 128 button, I splited to 2 line of SRs, 12 pcs and 4 pcs, beacuse MMJOY have no option for 16 pcs of SR)

So I think I should split my BB.

Are you using pullup resistors on the CS and DATA lines of the shift regs? I use 10k pullups on both and that solved some problems with long leads for me.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 1 month later...

- Anyone that can point me to the correct version model/manufacturer for the pinheads on the original TM PCB?

se pics, I searched Farnell, digikey and some local stores but failed to find the correct one

EDIT: Found it (I think) "JST-EH" / https://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eEH.pdf

I see now that this post should been in the 'Thrustmaster' subtopic. Sorry for that.

I deleted the bulk of here it and will repost in the correct place.

Cheers

Gus

Edited by Duckling
wrong subtopic

- - - -

15 hours ago, Sokol1_br said:

Thank you Sokol1, but unless I misunderstood something, there is no info regarding the quiz about the pinheads model info in the link.

I guess Guillemot used either proprietary (unlikely) pinheads or that the model gone from std business years ago, still hope though. Getting hold of correct one would ease the swap.

Using std pinheads works but better if the real ones can be located 

All the best

/Gus

- - - -

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 11:40 AM, Dovahkiin_r said:

I'm not 100 percent sure. But I'm thinking about spliting the device too...

I will ask about this problem in simHQ forum mybe someone can help solve this problem

Did you find any answers?

I have a few controllers and all are over 32 buttons. I m only having issues with one that has encoders on it as well.

Not hardware, but inputs programmed above 'Button 40'.

I get occasional bad 'transmits' where it is solid 'on' input in MMJOY, but not picked up that way in VKB tester, etc.

Also get some that invert the output. Not even consistent.

I don't want to split it up. DCS UI already makes having multiple controllers worse than paying the dentist's bill.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, Mr. B said:

Did you find any answers?

I have a few controllers and all are over 32 buttons. I m only having issues with one that has encoders on it as well.

Not hardware, but inputs programmed above 'Button 40'.

I get occasional bad 'transmits' where it is solid 'on' input in MMJOY, but not picked up that way in VKB tester, etc.

Also get some that invert the output. Not even consistent.

I don't want to split it up. DCS UI already makes having multiple controllers worse than paying the dentist's bill.

I just bought a bluepill and hooked up all my analog axis and shift registers to it instead running freejoy. Much better experience overall since its still actively developed

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've built boards with MMJoy2 before successfully, but I'm about to create a slightly more complex board and although I've found fragments of helpful information, I still have a few questions before I send my PCB to the manufacturer.

The first question:  Can I connect encoders to shift registers?  And if I can, do they still need diodes?

My second question comes from some confusion as the only example schematic I've seen only includes the Pro Micro and an MCP3008, and in that diagram, the D-OUT for the MCP3008 is connected to the MISO pin.  Is D-OUT intended to be shared with the MISO pin for the shift registers?  I don't think it is, but I'd really like to get a second opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Biggus said:

The first question:  Can I connect encoders to shift registers?  And if I can, do they still need diodes?

An encoder is essentially a pair of buttons. And as with the regular buttons, you can connect them to the shift register inputs; diodes are not required but the pullup resistors are. This way you'll get two physical buttons that can be defined as encoders in the "Joystick Buttons" tab.

11 hours ago, Biggus said:

Is D-OUT intended to be shared with the MISO pin for the shift registers?

I'm just guessing here as I never connected a 3008 to MMJoy myself, but the logic is that the shift registers are not sharing the data line with the SPI-connected peripherals. For each shift register (single or daisy-chained) you are defining the CS and Data pins in the configurator separately. However if you use, say, the TLE50XX sensors for the axes then these sensor boards WILL share the MOSI line with the 3008.

Still (as mentioned in one of the posts above) I'd recommend to move to a FreeJoy project based on a BluePill (STM32) board. It's way more advanced/ stable and offers an excellent online manual (in English as well). Just an example- with the FreeJoy you don't need the pullup resistors for the buttons/ shift registers. What's also important is that the project is constantly evolving with more functions added by the community requests. 

Edited by Sergey_Pe
  • Like 1

• Like 2

CPU i7-4790k/ zotac GTX1080/ ОЗУ 16Gb/ Philips 40" 3840x2160/ джойстик BRD-N(v. №4) + педали BRD-F2 restyling + WW2-DVik Throttle(MMJoy2)/ TrackIR5 pro/

https://cults3d.com/ru/polzovateli/abelnaitrod/tvoreniya

• 4 weeks later...

can yall help me. this is a project ive been working on for a while now. its a radar slew stick for the viggen. part one of a much larger project. ive got the TLE5011s working perfectly but the shift registers are fighting me pretty hard. 

i cant figure out what ive done wrong. 

circuit.png

image.png

thank you. first project with shift registers so theres been some....backwards learning. its working now and about to give it a test run on a server. sling some mavs and see how it works. im planning on adding another set of shift registers now. this has given me some more ideas on this. 

• 1 month later...