MMjoy

I'm banging my head against my desk over here :dunno:

So I downgraded further and used 20151118 and guess what, EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

But here's the kicker.... windows no longer sees MMJoy as a controller. When I try to open it in devices and printers it tells me "Your game controller is not connected properly. Please verify that is plugged into your computer". UGH!!!

I know I'm in the minority here, look like I'm really the only one :megalol: , but I do believe I found a bug from 20151118 to the 2016 releases.

EDIT: @ice_pdb, yes I tried just the encoders and they all function as they should. Then slowly added buttons back in and back to problems.

EDIT 2: So while windows won't let me see the device under devices and printers / game control settings my games (ETS/ATS and Farming Simulator) both detect button presses.

@Sokol1_br: Even though I have it working now I'd like to try and figure out why it won't work with 20160818 or higher as I'd like to not waste keyboard commands since I have more than 64 buttons.

Edited by Fihnakis

But here's the kicker.... windows no longer sees MMJoy as a controller.

This is normal, when you change firmware your device became different for Windows, but their name MMJoy2 or whatever you use remains in Windows register, so Windows became lost.

Just clear the entry "MMjoy" in Register, manually (Regedit) or try the button in JoySetup.

Or change VID/PID (can use from 0000 to 9999) number when you change firmware but not name, or change device name.

BTW - Although the archaic Games Controllers stop see the device, games see.

About your issue with two buttons, I see something related in Il2sturmovik (Russian) forum, seems a bug, what guys do is ignore (don't use) this buttons.

Got it, thank you. I am able to have it working in all games currently.

So options are stay with 20151118 and have full use of all buttons or use more current stable release 20160818 and tape over the buttons to not use them.

Do you happen to know if mega_mozg is working on a newer release?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys Im a bit of an idiot when it comes to advanced wiring diagrams or well lack thereof in this instance? Any techies that could help me out with this funky 7 in 1 switch? I got the general layout but it also needs to go on a matrix for mmjoy . Im not sure where Enc com would go? Also there should be no issues powering 1-4 Ardunio micros from one split usb cable?

https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/MultiControl/Switch/RKJXT/RKJXT1F42001.html#Circuit%20Diagram

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

hi @trigen

It's 5 switchs and an encoder.... just see it as what it is. Basically you wire 7 push buttons and then configure the 2 of them that are connected to the encoder.

What's your doubt if I may ask?

Mainly what mainly the encoder com and com. The rest is common ground so just wire the button to the terminal. Also how does grounds work in a matrix. Do I just leave one for ground or does it connect to a row or column?

@Sokok1_br

Since I never used encorders myself, I didn't check about diodes. But the only diff with regular switches are the polarization of the diodes. Also I had in mind the mjoy16 connection that it's the same as switches.

Is there any reason for connecting diodes reversed in encoders?

The signal came through column (blue) and if switch is closed go through diode to row (orange). Diode allow signal flow only in this direction.

In Encoder signal came from column (blue) and go though diode to row (orange), too only in this direction.

The only difference is that diode are after switch and before encoder, but the flow is in same direction. Probable the internal construction of encoder will allow columns mix if diodes are after encoder.

Let me see if i got this right.

I connect all columns or rows for the encoder to common ground and then connect the outputs trough the diode and into the row/column. Also i just ignore Encoder com and com pins?

https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/MultiControl/Switch/RKJXT/RKJXT1F42001.html#Circuit%20Diagram

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Having an issue with the 7 in 1 switch https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTM...cuit%20Diagram

I got everything hooked up in a 7 column 6 row matrix.

The problem is that the push switch always activate when i press the 4 direction switches. Im sure everything is hooked up correctly and there shouldnt be any ghost presses but i may be wrong. Does not look like it operates that way from the schematic but i dont see any other issue that could cause it. Everything works correctly except this. Maybe im just stupid :p

Ive set it up as a hat switch now and the 4 directions work fine but i get some presses of the push button every now and then and button 35 dont work. I did the timer just to test. If i were in Ardunio i would do something like this "if button 23 and 35 do 23 else 35" Can this be done in MMjoy?

Any help is greatly appreciated. perhaps there is a clever way this is supposed to work that i dont see.

807612678_mmjoytrigenformula.thumb.jpg.01999dd3f2499ca422c5acce039b1236.jpg

Edited by trigen

Why do you use old version firmware?... why do you use Switch On function with timer in button 35?

Also if you don't click in the device you want to pol and load settings from device you don't see the inputs...

It was just for testing different options to see if anything worked. As for the version, I had some issues with encoders on the newer stuff. I don't really see any options that would make a difference either way.

Everything is set and fully working apart from button 35 (the push button) being pressed everytime I press one of the directional on the funky switch

Edited by trigen

Maybe this scheme done for RKJXM switch/encoder simultaneous press issues?

https://i.postimg.cc/3xP9M7v6/post-56549-0-46558800-1506775796.jpg

Thanks. Im afraid im not very knowledable in electronics. Im wondering if it should actually be that way as i dont see any other way to connect it, its really the only option left. I suppose adding resistors to it shouldnt really make any difference as far as i know. I suppose i can program it in ardunio if i really have to.

Going to have to ask the manufactuerer to be sure i think. Might need to get a hold of a RKJXM instead. Im guessing there is no easy way to add a little if else script to mmjoy?

Edited by trigen