Waypoint Probability Condition

TynMahn

Is the probability condition in the advanced waypoint actions broken or am I doing something wrong.

As an example

Task - Fighter Sweep

1 AI Plane in group

I have set three way points.

At waypoint one, I add a perform command/switch waypoint to waypoint 3

I tick "probability" in the conditions

If I set the probability to ANYTHING above 0 (zero), the ai will ALWAYS switch to waypoint 3

If I set it to zero, the AI goes to waypoint 2|

1 - am I trying to use this correctly?

2 - is it broken?

It sounds like you're using it correctly. I use it the same way, though I haven't noticed this bug.

If this way isn't working, you can try using flags. Instead of ticking probability, tick "User Flag" I think it's called. Then set up a flag on the trigger's page with the correct options. Something like Flag 1 > set random value, then if Flag 1 value more than X, Flag 2 > on. Flag 2 would control the waypoint action while Flag 1 controls the probability.

If that also doesn't work, you can try using flags in a slightly different way. Make 2 copies of the group, one with the waypoint task, one without. Then use flags to choose which one spawns.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Well, if it works for you, I guess I must be doing something wrong somehow.

What the plane does when it reaches the waypoint is, initially it starts the turn toward w/p 2, then abruptly changes it's mind and turns to w/p 3.

If I don't put a probability in, it just turns directly to w/p 3.

Well, if it works for you, I guess I must be doing something wrong somehow.

While I do use it in a similar manner, I don't actually use it for the same end goal. I usually don't randomize waypoints, but options (like missile attack range, use of radar). It could be that waypoints specifically are bugged.

I also haven't tested random option specifically and the missions I make tend to have layers of randomization that could make a bug go unnoticed.

If I can remember to test later when I have access to DCS, I'll try to experiment and confirm if they are actually working for me.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I believe that the Probability function for triggers is bugged, or it works like the random function such that the probability is evaluated once per second leading to a 100% chance after enough time.

The flag method works for switching waypoints.