Radio Broadcast - Bug or I'm missing something?

Charly_Owl

Hello everyone!

I was wondering something. If I make a unit broadcast something on channel 3, and another unit broadcast something on channel 4 simultaneously, I have a problem. If I switch my radio to channel 3, I can listen to the broadcast. No problem. But if I switch afterwards to channel 4, I still hear channel 3 over what is broadcasted over channel 4.

Is there a way to turn of channel 3 receiving or once I turn a channel on I'm stuck to listen to it forever?

Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Edited by Charly_Owl

Hello everyone!

I was wondering something. If I make a unit broadcast something on channel 3, and another unit broadcast something on channel 4 simultaneously, I have a problem. If I switch my radio to channel 3, I can listen to the broadcast. No problem. But if I switch afterwards to channel 4, I still hear channel 3 over what is broadcasted over channel 4.

Is there a way to turn of channel 3 receiving or once I turn a channel on I'm stuck to listen to it forever?

Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Do you have the units broadcasting in a loop, i.e. continuously? I was experimenting with the radio a bit as well and I can confirm the issue you describe - under the precondition of continous broadcasting.

But then I found something out: if you make each unit send only once - but all at the same time - the transmission is recieved almost correctly. If I switch the channels while the unit is still broadcasting, both transmissions get intermixed. But if I change the channel after the first unit has finished it's transmission, I am able to hear only the second unit on the other channel.

It seems, if you change the channels during a broadcast, you will still hear it even on a different channel, until the broadcast is finished. And broadcastings in a loop never finish - so you hear them continously on every chanel you later switch to.

A bug in my eyes.