Multiplayer Memory Leak Issue - Black Cockpit Workaround

sslechta

Until ED is able to get the memory issue under control you can avoid sitting in a frozen and black cockpit when you join a multiplayer server.

KEEP IN MIND: This does not get you in the cockpit any faster, it still takes the same amount of time. You are just choosing a different screen to wait on.

- Join the multiplayer server as normal.

- From the choose aircraft lobby do the following:

------- Stay in Spectators

------- ESC key - to close the aircraft lobby screen

- Press F10 to get to the Map - to get you on a different screen

- Move and zoom around map until lag goes away. This can take a few minutes.

- ESC key - to bring up the menu

- Choose Select Role to get back to the aircraft lobby

- Choose your aircraft and FLY

When you get in the plane, the cockpit should already be rendered and you should be able to control it right away.

The reason I like to do this is I have a hard time with all the activity going on around my plane when it's not rendered yet. You can occasionally hear other aircraft or see a stuttering of a plane go by. I would rather not worry about all that and jump into the cockpit when it's ready.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Sorry to hear that. I typically get to the choose aircraft screen after about 2-3 minutes from clicking on the join button on the multiplayer server list with the specs you see in my signature. This is for joining the Aerobatics Online Caucus server. What kind of specs do you run with on your rig, Dagger?

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor