Please fix that deflected propwash effect :-(

Anatoli-Kagari9

Yes, I've been flying gliders IRL since 1980, and BTW, work exactly in meteorology, so, I know how the wind is supposed to be modeled, when drag from surface takes place.

Ok, so, let's admit the aircraft "uncrabs" due to the reduction in wind speed....

From now on, then, the only remaining question, the original one after all, is if the deflected propwash effect should play such an important role. Rest assured I'll do my best to find the answer to this question.

@Flagrum: We are assuming a neutral input. You align the aircraft track with the rw centerline, in a crab, and need only small adjustments from time to time to keep it there.

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Ok, so, let's admit the aircraft "uncrabs" due to the reduction in wind speed....

Is this "counter-intuitive" effect already present during the takeoff roll? (I seem to remember you said so, but I may be wrong).

If that is the case, then wind gradient cannot be the cause of it. :)

Yes, you're right! Very confusing indeed because then, if the wind reduces, it shouldn't play such an important role in the deflected propwash... and backing actually happens in a CCW direction too...

Also, jet aircraft aren't affected by the takeoff deflected propwash effect, but I'll check with the F86 next week how it behaves during approach...

:-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...