Tutorial Creation

spugnut

Hi all,

Been a long time since I last rolled by the forums - good to see the amount of buzz there's been since all the new modules started coming in!

I have a simple question that may have been answered elsewhere, but if so a quick search doesn't turn it up.

If I wanted to create a tutorial style mission (i.e. one which responds to user events such as switch hit, setting changed and with the "follow the rabbit" style guides), what is the tooling/workflow required?

Cheers all!

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

Take a look at the triggers starting with "X:". There are actions to highlight elements in the cockpit and conditions to check if a certain indication has a certain value. The mission will only work in single-player mode.

You may also be interested in the Lua debug console of DCS Witchcraft to get a look at what indications are available.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer Ian - much appreciated!

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.