ecm management

anyone know where I can find some mission tapes of the first couple f-15 campaign missions. I cant seen to get the hang of avoiding missiles without flying myself to sleep.

Im not new to flight sims, its just been awhile, so if there is some simple gouge for avoiding missiles in this sim feel free to share :D

:icon_jook

The most important aspect of missile evasion is detection. If you don't know it's coming, how can you avoid it?

Secondly, remember that a missile has a very quick burning motor that propels it too its maximum speed in a very short time. After the motor burns the missile has no means of gaining additional energy and instead is constantly losing it do to friction.

The way we put this to use in evading missiles is by forcing the missile to bleed off energy in addition to friction, while extending the distance the missile has to travel to hit the aircraft. If the missile has very little energy in the terminal phase of flight, it won't be able to sustain the g's necessary to intercept your aircraft.

Practically this means flying in a manner which places the missile at your 3 or 9 O'clock (guaged by using the radar warning reciever) or "beaming" the missile. This causes it to travel the greatest distance to your aicraft. Popping chaff and flares in this regime is most effective as it provides an alternate (and often easier to track) target, increasing your likelihood of defeating the missile.

Combine the beam maneuver with a dive and you force the missile to fly further AND decrease its altitude (which kills its energy even more due to the higher air density, thus friction, and loss of potential energy in the form of height). As the missile approaches you can then make a maximum performance turn in the vertical while throwing out some more CM. It is unlikely the missile will have the energy to climb back up with you and will probably drift harmlessly to your 6'O clock.

Also keep in mind that in order to defeat the missile you need to keep your own energy state up. You won't have any success if you're constantly bleeding off your energy in maximum g turns before the missile approaches. Keep your airspeed up in order to maintain your maneuverability (your ability to pull g, maximized at corner velocity).

This is just one method of course, and there are practical limitations which vary with every situation you find yourself in. I'm sure there will be others here that contribute alternates which may prove more effective in some situations.

Edit: I'll try and find some reading material for you on the subject tomorow if no one beats me to it.

Look at Ironhand's reply and my reply in this thread http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=14307

You can also download Ironhand's training tracks at http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

He had 2 tutorials that teaches missile evasion, one against AIM-120 (Look under Air-to-Air, for Lock On Version 1.01) and another one against SAMS (Look under Suppression of Air Defenses, for FC 1.11).

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5