Hud Help

Ohgr

Do you use mods like High visibility?

I had the same problem, solved it when I deactivated this mod.

No don't use that but have quite a few maybe process of elimination. EDIT- No luck on that

Edited by Ohgr

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

:helpsmilie:All of my FC3 Aircraft have this hud issue. Tried reinstall and no luck. Any ideas?

Simple reinstall doesn't move/remove files

1/ if not installed by the sim (files from the sim folder)

2/ if placed into your SavedGames folder.

I would follow those 2 leads, in that order.

Deactivate any mod + execute a DCS repair (will remove step 1 lead).

If not solved, try moving (temporary) away files or folders from your Saved Games/DCS directory; once completed, this check will remove lead 2.

If still not solved, try remembering what you could have done recently that may have mixed up Windows fonts (I'm actually not sure DCS uses the Windows fonts, so take a pinch of salt on this). And contact editor support.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Simple reinstall doesn't move/remove files from your SavedGames folder, nor Windows font files. I would follow those 2 leads, in that order.

Sorry for all the questions I am new to this. What exactly do you mean windows font folders? And is there something in particular I should be looking for in my saved games folder?

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Note: I edited my previous post.

Please follow the order I propose, that will avoid unnecessary time spent.

The first step doesn't require you to look into SavedGames nor in the Fonts system.

And is there something in particular I should be looking for in my saved games folder?

I've no idea. Why not removing all files/folders first? Then launch the game with an FC3 aircraft and see if the problem remains?

Yes=> false lead, move back in place all your files, they are no culprit

No=> OK, now replace files/folder one by one, make the same test between each, you'll narrow down the culprit.

Regarding your other question (but that's for later): C:\Windows\Fonts

spacer.png

I'm not having any luck here. I am just going to do a system restore and see if that works. I don't really know what I'm doing here and it's getting frustrating.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

How do I do a dcs repair is that thru steam?

Delete High.lua and do a verification of integrity of game cache.

Worked for me when I had that.

All operating systems - Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Edited by Schampo

Well now the game doesn't even open :( I'm just deleting it and reinstalling from scratch. Let ya know in 2 days lol

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester