first training mission

mpdugas

The first SU-25T training mission, start-up and taxi, contains several differences in 1.5.0.45166;

1) the HUD shows 80 kph speed from the moment it is turned on until a few seconds into the take-off roll; and

2) the written instructions for the training mission build up until they cover approximately half the screen, vertically. They don't begin to 'erase' until the aircraft is on the runway threshold. Thereafter, the blocks of text slowly disappear, at random intervals from 10 to 30 seconds; and

3) the master warning light and klaxon repeatedly and intermittently turn-on and -off during the startup sequence, without any other failure indications.

These effects appear consistently and repeatedly during this training mission. They were not seen in version 1.2.16

system specs-

FX 8350

16 GB RAM

ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX MB

EVGA GTX-970 SC

1 TB raid 0 array, two 500 GB Velociraptors

Kraken 60

Windows 81. Update 1

Ditto mpdugas post

"1) the HUD shows 80 kph speed from the moment it is turned on until a few seconds into the take-off roll."

I got this, but but only 0 - 80 KPH > than 100 KPH functions normally. Less than 100 kph "on the Ground" shows 80 kph only.

2. Whilst using Vikhrs missiles, if your using more than 1 in the air, massive frame hit.

I've tried this with salvo and firing them manually, on my rig DCS 1.5 drops to about 5 fps.

3. Flying through high altitude clouds causes some sort of glitch/ clipping effect in the cockpit. Like clouds are trying to get in the pit

rig is Win 7 64

I7 S/Bridge

16GB Memory -

Graphics card 670 X 2

2) the written instructions for the training mission build up until they cover approximately half the screen, vertically. They don't begin to 'erase' until the aircraft is on the runway threshold. Thereafter, the blocks of text slowly disappear, at random intervals from 10 to 30 seconds; and

In the Mission Editor new parameters have been added in some triggers.

Open in the Mission Editor the first training mission and look at the trigger rules. In the settings for each message is a check box visible. These activate (tick set) and the message will disappear after the set time.

In german has the checkbox the name "Sicht säubern", in english must be called "clear view".

Edited by Sauerkraut

In the Mission Editor new parameters have been added in some triggers.

Open in the Mission Editor the first training mission and look at the trigger rules. In the settings for each message is a check box visible. These activate (tick set) and the message will disappear after the set time.

In german has the checkbox the name "Sicht säubern", in english must be called "clear view".

Thank you for your reply, but I am not very familiar with the Mission Editor; I looked under trigger rules for each trigger, but I do not see any place where there is a box to tick called "clear view".

I brought up a list of all triggers, and double-clicked on each one, but do not see a parameter where I can set the "time to clear".

Thank you for your patience and help.

Post script:

Your answer prompted me to look further into the Mission Editor itself, and there I found what you were talking about. I will compare the mission in 1.2.16 to the one in 1.5 and see if I can find where the changes are.

I may just try to run the 1.2.16 mission within 1.5 to see if that clears up the problem.

Edited by mpdugas
research

I found that area of the ME after poking around, but even when I went to every message in the training mission, and checked the "clear view" box, DCS 1.5 would not let me save the change to a new or original mission file, so it was all for naught.

Thanks, though, for that; as you say, "a picture is worth..."

Edited by mpdugas
incomplete

1) the HUD shows 80 kph speed from the moment it is turned on until a few seconds into the take-off roll; and

3) the master warning light and klaxon repeatedly and intermittently turn-on and -off during the startup sequence, without any other failure indications.

1) this is very probably a feature - pitots on Su-25 are not constructed or calibrated to measure speeds below 80km/h.

2) this is annoying, I agree. In night training missions it's double annoying, because the contrast of white text vs. dark night kills your "night vision"

3) that is may be a feature too - the warning light and klaxon turn on due to "high AoA" indication (red light on the left upper side of the dashboard) - while stationary or moving slowly, wind can fiddle with the AoA probe and cause this. Not sure, however, because it stops later when you stop on the runway, for example.

I have a few of my own observations as well:

a) In training missions a "missile lock" tone will play with no way to turn it off from the instant you clear the briefing screen to the end. You can work around by re-starting the mission.

b) In the Landing-Easy mission the instructions for ILS start when reaching the 10km finals on the opposite end of the runway (that has no ILS).

c) in the "Internal cannon" mission (which is happening at night) no flares are dropped over the target, so you have to find unlit targets in pitch black night :).

d) interface music continues playing throughout the whole mission. This may be by design, but it's a bit superfluous I think.

e) numerous small discrepancies in systems descriptions and procedures - probably due to the aircraft modelling improvements and instructions text remaining the same.