DCS 1.5 with a 2012 MacBook Pro - Fantastic!

mart

Well, I'm amazed. I own a Macbook Pro 13" (mid 2012) i7 CPU and Intel HD4000 graphics. I am running DCS 1.5 using Bootcamp, and Windows 10. For those unfamiliar with Macs, Bootcamp is not a PC emulator, or virtual machine. It's a parition of your hard-drive that is assigned entirley to Windows, and you boot into it when you start the machine. Apart from a small Bootcamp utility, which ensures your keyboard assignments and all your drivers are recognized, it is, in effect, a normal Windows PC.

My Macbook is entirely USB 3.0. I have DCS 1.5 installed on a USB 3.0 Samsung external SSD Hardrive, and connected to my computer with a USB 3.0 cable. So, the connection is very fast.

In DCS 1.0, I could run DCS, but the framerate (and stutter) made it, in effect, totally unusable.

I have just updated to DCS 1.5 and my little Macbook Pro just flies! Twice the frame rate (over 40 fps) Totally smooth on "Low" settings, and really quite smooth on the default "medium" setting.

Setting DCS to default "medium" and then reducing some features, as best suit you, will give a great compromise between resolution/objects and good FPS, even in built-up areas

Just for information, it ESSENTIAL, for me, using my laptop screen, to run the program in Windowed Mode (not Fullscreen). Otherwise, you get good framerates, but absolutely horrendous stutter.

Thanks ED, you've made the sim playable for me. Incredible! :)

Martin