[Solved] DCS 1.5 Login Issues

DracoLlasa

Hello everyone,

After reading a number of posts some conversations and troubleshooting, it seems we may have the root cause to many peoples issues logging in to the new DCS 1.5 Open Beta.

Many users that were single player users may have never run into this as it only showed up when trying to load DCS MP in v1.2.

First off its known that the DCS v1.5 login system doesn't seem to like special characters in your password, so if needed change your password so there are only numbers and letters.

Aside from this i found many people continue to have login issues. With some research on my own issue and some other feedback, while there are some work around that may help, it appears a more common cause to be related to module license keys being either incorrect or registered to more than one account.

When you log into DCS World 1.5 it will do a check on every module and license, if you have 10 modules and one of those has a key that is bound to a different user account, you will get a logon failed message that basically states invalid username or password.

In order to validate this if this is the case, go into DCS Open Beta and remove modules one by one... uninstall module, launch DCS 1.5 login when it finally works you have found the offending module and can then review the process here to resolve it.

Open Spoiler for full process

Process:

1.) get your proper serial number, preferably from original receipt, or module manager if still installed.

2.) Logon to the DCS website (not forums), go into your profile and use the function to check the key. when you put in the key and click check, it will show the username its bound too. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Make sure the key is correct, active and everything looks right or is fixed

Assuming you now have have the right key bound to the same username as all other keys, proceed.

<This is important, all keys used must be bound to the same user account, or you will get the failed login error>

3.) Install the problematic module (for me it was CA) into DCS 1.2

4.) Browse to, and run, the DRM tool to deactivate/active it with the proper key

For a plane module it would be like this:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\bin\fc3_protect.exe

For me with Combined Arms, its:

\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\CombinedArms_protect.exe

Enter the correct key and proceed in the tool (i found when i ran the exe, it had the wrong key, your situation may be different)

Close when completed and activated

5.) Open DCSW 1.2, Test the module works and is playable

6.) Validate you are able to open DCSW 1.2 Multiplayer and login

If this all works, then Proceed to the Open Beta Side

1.) Open DCSW 1.5

2.) Perform initial login on load screen and hopefully it will now work

3.) Load the problematic module from the module Manager

4.) Test connectivity to Multiplayer

If this works for you or does not, please post so we can confirm its truly solved. If it seems its not a true fix, then i will edit the post to remove the solved label or possibly the mods will just delete it, whichever works, but regardless your feedback will be needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find anything about this DRM tool.

I can't find it in any folders, I can't search it up on windows explorer and I cannot find a link to it online. I haven't tried that step yet, but so far FC3 is always giving me the invalid login bug on 1.2 and 1.5.

the xx_protect.exe DRM applications are in the bin folder for each module you have.

for FC3 i have the exact path and file name above int he 'spoiler"

If you are still not able to find it, then you may need to reinstall and/or reach out to ED Support

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

its an indicator that there are chat messages, if you click it, it will show the messages.

im not sure it can be removed, but it also has nothing to do with this topic/thread, so if there are further questions please post a new thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]