Landing flare at Nellis (DCS 2.0)

ctannell

This thread is just the bug report of the original issue brought up in the regular A-10C general discussion.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154018

As described in that thread, around the time of flare, the aircraft strongly pitches nose up as if the trim is being reset despite the control position window (Rt Ctrl + Enter) showing no change in trim. The issue is reproducible for me in the Las Vegas tour mission. After the go-around caused by the initial problem, the second landing attempt is normal.

Edit: Just to add a later observation: I think noobsbane was onto something. If you look at the trim setting using the control position window (Rt Ctrl + Enter), before flying under the hoover dame the trim setting is about the big diamonds height above neutral. After the hoover dam at the same speeds the trim ended up around the neutral position as if it was compensating for a nose down force. At flare it's as if the nose down force disappears causing the nose to pop up. You can see that after the go-around caused by the attitude change, the trim gets set to the same position as before the hoover dam.

Trim_bug.zip

Edited by ctannell
  • Like 1

It has to do with the trim. I flew the Vegas Tour again today, and once I passed under the bridge, I needed a LOT of nose-up trim. I ended up missing a gate, and while I was circling around, I decided to trim up in level flight, sure enough, I was trimmed back to about 50% longitudinal stick, at a speed where I was normally trimmed at about 10% to 20% (right around the TO trim position). I continued the tour and I ended up passing low and a bit slow over a town when the nose suddenly came up. I re-trimmed nose-down, and the trim position returned to about 20%.

So, something funky happens to the aircraft trim when passing under the bridge, almost like there's an additional longitudinal control bias that's added as you pass under, and then removed when you get low and slow enough. Very odd.

(For reference, 0% refers to full forward stick, 100% full aft. The TO trim position, where the lines cross in the control display, I'd estimate is around the 20% point.)

Edited by Aeroscout

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices