Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

All aircraft roll uncontrollably to the right

I bought and installed the Su-27 from Steam today, but after installing, all the aircraft I own (Su-25 T, TF-51 D, F-15 C, Ka-50, and Su-27) roll uncontrollably to the right, even though they were fine before I got the Su-27. I tried fixing it by altering the joystick deadzones, but this just resulted in the aircraft being unable to roll left - the last thing you want in a dogfight. Trim doesn't work for the Su-27 or F-15 C, either.

It looks like DCS reads my joystick (Logitech Attack 3) as being halfway right when it's actually dead centre. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? In the meantime, DCS is unplayable for me :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought and installed the Su-27 from Steam today, but after installing, all the aircraft I own (Su-25 T, TF-51 D, F-15 C, Ka-50, and Su-27) roll uncontrollably to the right, even though they were fine before I got the Su-27. I tried fixing it by altering the joystick deadzones, but this just resulted in the aircraft being unable to roll left - the last thing you want in a dogfight. Trim doesn't work for the Su-27 or F-15 C, either.

It looks like DCS reads my joystick (Logitech Attack 3) as being halfway right when it's actually dead centre. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? In the meantime, DCS is unplayable for me :(

Your axis is mapped on another controller besides the stick, you just need to go to controls and clean up the axis section.

DCS maps all axis to all controllers by default, this behaviour is likely to happen when you plug a new controller in your PC.

Edited by PiedDroit

Your axis is mapped on another controller besides the stick, you just need to go to controls and clean up the axis section.

DCS maps all axis to all controllers by default, this behaviour is likely to happen when you plug a new controller in your PC.

Thanks, but that's not it. The axis controls section only shows controls mapped to my Logitech Attack 3, and I don't have any other controllers for my PC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, but that's not it. The axis controls section only shows controls mapped to my Logitech Attack 3, and I don't have any other controllers for my PC.

Sorry to read that, this would have been a simple fix...

Is your stick behaving correctly when you're tuning the axis with the applet (where you can see the stick output)? In DCS and also in Windows control panel ?

I don't have much clue...

One thing you can check is bringing up the input view in the sim to see if there is actual input.

Also try unplugging the stick and see if the problem is still there.