Another campaign save question

Where do my campaigns get saved to and do they need to be named? I am on the 3rd misssion on the a10 campaign on FC 112a but the only way I can get it to open is open a10 campaigns, then open a saved state file which I saved while on the runway all targets destroyed :thumbup: then I need to press debriefing, then save as previously posted and the 3rd mission is unlocked but if I leave the game through esc/exit and come back clicking the a10 campaign takes me back to the 2nd mission:(

Why is this game so complicated to save your progress? the game itself is a belter but tbh I spend more time trying to save my progress than actually flying, it should be click here, saved,end of.

I play BF2 and GRAW in a multigaming squad and a lot of the members are looking into playing a combat flight sim as part of the modern tactical warfare theme it has and I believe this is about the best there is at present but saying I suggested it to the squad and a few have bought the game I know its gonna be me that gets the ear bashing when it won't work :)

anyway hope u can help and if possible does any1 know a link to an idiots guide to setting up a server on hyperlobby?

TY

Campaign progress is saved inside the same campaign file, not saved state file. Just press SAVE inside mission editor after you successfully completed your mission. Saving campaign while in the cockpit is pretty much broken.

HL is so easy to use that doesn't need idiots guide. Though check HL webpage for documentation and forums.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I still dont get this, I have saved in the debriefing the in the map editor but then all the campaigns have gone :helpsmilie:

HL is so easy to use that doesn't need idiots guide. Though check HL webpage for documentation and forums.

Doing it now m8 :)

Guest IguanaKing

The "save state" function in LOMAC is broken, and has been for as long as I can remember. That might have something to do with your problem. When you exit the mission, you should already be on the debreifing screen. Look at the bottom line of the debriefing box (upper right quadrant of the screen), it must say "SUCCESS" before you will advance to the next mission. Then, click on the icon near the upper left that looks like a floppy disk. Now you should be able to come back to it whenever you want to and move on to the next mission in the campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

As bizarre as it seems the broken saved state bit is actually my saving grace :huh: I need to create a saved state file, usually after the initial long flight prior to engaging targets, then if I complete the mission succesfully and save in the debriefing the next mission shows up in the list unlocked but if I leave the game or go back to main menu then the next mission doesnt show up:mad: the only way to get back is to open the saved state file and the missions back again, very weird:huh:

BTW I tried something that was on ubisofts board which was making sure the campaign folder wasn't read only which it was prior to changing this I couldnt get any type of save.

any1 help?

• 11 months later...

After you finish a mission in a campaign you have to save your progress by clicking the debriefing button and then, while looking at the debriefing screen, click (top left) "file" then "save". Don't confuse this type of saving with "save states" (ie the save button on the window you get after quitting, I have never had that type of save work, most folks haven't it seems).

But anyway, you are getting frustrated with the whole thing and just want to fly and get further on in the campaign....

There are possible workarounds, so lets get into those.

You can declassify the campaign in the Mission Editor and fly the campaign missions in any order you want (plus change skins, weapon loadout, etc). I use this method all the time to cherry pick the fun missions in a campaign and miss out the dull ones.

Go into Mission Editor, upper left of screen, click on the open button, bottom right TYPE OF FILE select CAMPAIGN, navigate the folder structure to the campaign you want and select it. Bottom right click on MAP. Now you will see the 1st mission of your campaign.

Many missions and campaigns are classified with a password so that they cannot be easily/accidentally changed. The stock missions and campaigns that come with Lockon use the password EAGLE.

Top left click on EDIT, then DECLASSIFY, enter the password EAGLE. Now all the missions in the campaign should appear on the right hand side, so select the mission you want to fly. If you wish, you can select your aircraft, select PAYLOAD and pick different weapons / fuel load / skin.

If you have downloaded any of the excellent missions/campaigns designed by the Lockon community, then some may be classified. Either the briefing notes or the readme file may tell you the password. Some may not.

If not, then you can still get in by overwriting the password with your own. Use keystrokes rather than menu's to do this.

Press "ctrl + left shift + C" then type in a password of your own choosing e.g. 1234.

Now press "ctrl + left shift + D" and enter your password e.g. 1234

NOTE that Lockon does not seem to remember this, so you have to do it each time you restart Lockon

Secondly, there is a really useful utility that will extract missions from a campaign (link below) so you can fly them as individual missions. No real difference from flying them in the campaign....

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=2739

Hope this helps.........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

• 1 year later...