What do I need to know?

I like to think I'm pretty good at A-10C, but I'm no expert and there are a lot of systems that are completely Alien to me, mainly TAD and CDU. So what would I need to know in order to be succesful in this campaign?

If someone (or maybe even multiple people! :smartass: ) Could just list off some of the skills they've used during playing that would be AWESOME!

Thanks, and happy flying!

P.S. I just finished Ranger's first ISIS Crisis mission, and its certainly making me want to play OPF!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

I like to think I'm pretty good at A-10C, but I'm no expert and there are a lot of systems that are completely Alien to me, mainly TAD and CDU. So what would I need to know in order to be succesful in this campaign?

If someone (or maybe even multiple people! :smartass: ) Could just list off some of the skills they've used during playing that would be AWESOME!

Thanks, and happy flying!

P.S. I just finished Ranger's first ISIS Crisis mission, and its certainly making me want to play OPF!

Mtnbiker1998:

Quick list:

• You will need to know how to deploy guns, rockets, GBU's, 'dumb-bombs' and CBU's.
  • Ability to input UTM (MGRS) coordinates into CDU for friendly locations & target identification/targeting. Some info HERE Old Video Tutorial I made a while back

• Depending on the mission and time it takes the user to complete tasks, you may have to aerial refuel. 15% chance this may happen.
  • Command your flight (AI Wingman) to prosecute targets, anchor, RTB, etc.
  • Fly and engage targets during inclement weather and night-time operations.
  • Properly enter freq's into your radios (UHF, AM, FM).
  • Properly fly your established flight plan.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ranger79

Mtnbiker1998:

Quick list:

• You will need to know how to deploy guns, rockets, GBU's, 'dumb-bombs' and CBU's.
  • Ability to input UTM (MGRS) coordinates into CDU for friendly locations & target identification/targeting. Some info HERE Old Video Tutorial I made a while back

• Depending on the mission and time it takes the user to complete tasks, you may have to aerial refuel. 15% chance this may happen.
  • Command your flight (AI Wingman) to prosecute targets, anchor, RTB, etc.
  • Fly and engage targets during inclement weather and night-time operations.
  • Properly enter freq's into your radios (UHF, AM, FM).
  • Properly fly your established flight plan.

Hope this helps.

From the man himself! Thank you sir. Sounds like I gotta watch those videos and do a quick brushup on instrument flying and I'll be good to go!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat