Selectable refuel mode

Xxx

A selectable refuel mode?

The present refuelling system is both difficult and unrealistic. It's unrealistic in that the Basket or Boom can crash through your aircraft (and cockpit!) and absolutely no damage occurs! Contact with either should result in damage ranging from expensive to catastrophic. It's difficult since watching a monitor, sat on a computer chair, gives no feeling of flight dynamics or depth of field. All inputs in three dimensions are done with vastly reduced situational awareness.

So I would like to see a "game" mode refuelling option. This would keep the current inability to damage your aircraft or Boom/basket, but would initiate a "lock", similar to what BMS did in Falcon, once you are receiving fuel. This would add enjoyment to gamers who want to enjoy refuelling in a game environment.

The second mode, a simulation mode, would retain the difficulty of the present system but have damage or death incurred when the boom or basket collides with your aircraft.

So two selectable refuel modes. Simulation standard and "game".

The current system is neither.

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

They are reworking the AR system to have more dynamic elements (basket contact/boom contact) so it will probably will appear somewhere. The problem with it at the moment would be due to the fairly simple damage model, the way contact and damage would be too 'basic' that it would be a waste of time/resource IMO