Switches, inverted behaviour

Redglyph

DCS 2.5.1.16978.363

Some 3-way switches are not behaving correctly (left/right click inverted, and so very confusing)

By convention, left click = down / left / counter-clockwise, right click = up / right / clockwise.

- flaps power switch

- armament mode control, fuzing control, all the way to release interval control

- ground IR cool switch

- HUD display mode switch

- up/down gain switches of all MPCDs, MPCD day/night mode

- compass light/test lights

- fwd equipment bay ECS switch

EDIT: Apparently it was already reported long ago :/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196690

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 4 months later...

Miss read the original post. Thought he said rotary switches.

But yes,

CW and CCW keyboard support for encoders such as:

Course Knob

Radio Volume Knobs (COM 1 and 2)

MPCD Power/Brightness Knob

HUD Power/Brightness Knob

Video Brightness and Contrast Knobs

UFC Display Power/Brightness Knob

Standby Attitude Indicator Knob

Standby Altimeter Knob

RWR Volume Knob

Is very important to me, and I believe all the community would be better for it. Just look at some of the ED planes. They're awesome.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Is this also going to include CW and CCW keyboard support for encoders such as:

Course Knob

Radio Volume Knobs (COM 1 and 2)

MPCD Power/Brightness Knob

HUD Power/Brightness Knob

Video Brightness and Contrast Knobs

UFC Display Power/Brightness Knob

Standby Attitude Indicator Knob

Standby Altimeter Knob

RWR Volume Knob

Thank you in advanced,

I don't understand your post, is this a question related to the bugs above, a report of more mouse clicks that are incorrect, or something that has nothing to do with this thread?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

No, it hasn't. Maybe a little. But it's very important for him, and he doesn't get any answers for some time. Please cut him some slack, altough you are waiting longer...

Anyway,

DCS 2.5.1.16978.363

Some 3-way switches are not behaving correctly (left/right click inverted, and so very confusing)

By convention, left click = down / left / counter-clockwise, right click = up / right / clockwise.

- flaps power switch

- armament mode control, fuzing control, all the way to release interval control

- ground IR cool switch

- HUD display mode switch

- up/down gain switches of all MPCDs, MPCD day/night mode

- compass light/test lights

- fwd equipment bay ECS switch

EDIT: Apparently it was already reported long ago :/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196690

I find these switch behaviours also very annoying.

Sure, no big deal. It was confusing and it's just so easy for a problem report to be drowned in noise, that's why I'd rather have other issues in other threads.

Now to be honest I doubt this will ever be read by Razbam. If it hasn't after all this time, it has to be considered as dead anyway ;)

Completely agree.

Please Razbam consider making your switch logic consistent with how ED does it (as per OP) in eg. the A-10C. ED's switch logic is consistent across all modules. Your implementation is entirely counter intuitive.

Thank you!

That's actually a bad example, the A-10C is a complete mess :D There's a patch for this one if you'd like (I haven't tested it in the latest DCS versions).

But yes, since then they followed consistent rules to avoid that kind of situation. I'm sure Razbam will fix it eventually if that's not done already, they had a similar process on the M-2000C when it was in development.