Xbox 360 WIRELESS Controller Trigger axis

Hey!

While I'm away from my HOTAS, I've been using my Xbox360 wireless controller to fly in DCS.

I've noticed that with this controller, both left and right triggers are set as separate axis in-game, labeled "Left Trigger" and "Right Trigger" making it impossible to use them as rudder.

I checked the "Game Controllers" screen on Windows 10, and there it shows both triggers as just 1 axis, so I don't know why DCS is treating RT and LT as 2 separate axis.

Is there a solution?

PS: I also have a Wired version of the Xbox360 controller, and while using it, DCS sees RT and LT as a single axis. So this bug just affects the Wireless version.

• 5 months later...
Hey!

While I'm away from my HOTAS, I've been using my Xbox360 wireless controller to fly in DCS.

I've noticed that with this controller, both left and right triggers are set as separate axis in-game, labeled "Left Trigger" and "Right Trigger" making it impossible to use them as rudder.

I checked the "Game Controllers" screen on Windows 10, and there it shows both triggers as just 1 axis, so I don't know why DCS is treating RT and LT as 2 separate axis.

Is there a solution?

PS: I also have a Wired version of the Xbox360 controller, and while using it, DCS sees RT and LT as a single axis. So this bug just affects the Wireless version.

Hey LordLobs, I've finally found a workaround...

1. Set up both triggers as the rudder axis

2. Go to 'axis tune' window

3. Set both triggers as 'sliders'

4. Invert the left trigger

5. Set any unique value for both triggers (like 57)

6. Save the config, exit the game

7. In windows, go to C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\su-25T\joystick and find the file with your X360 controller's bindings

8. Open the file, within it find the configured deadzones, should look something like this:

["deadzone"] = 0.57,

9. Change the deadzones to -1 for both triggers:

["deadzone"] = -1,

10. Save the file, restart the game and enjoy!

• 1 year later...

Сколько уже времени прошло, а данный баг с беспроводным геймпадом Xbox 360 так и не исправили. Я два часа пытался понять, что не так и как назначить триггеры на педали, пока не нашел эту тему. Стыдно должно быть, не исправить так долго этот баг.