A bit of wisdom please

OK I had a total computer melt down but the new rig arrived last night and is all set-up. I haven't been lazy, I have read many threads and articles before bothering y'all but I am stumped.

I am tied into a 4k TV at the moment as a monitor, I spend most play time in vr, but there is a hitch in the giddy-up. I can't get the TV resolution to go above 1080p because it states that is the so that is also the highest resolution my GPU will give me.

The TV menu manual states: "HDMI Input Signal Support 4K, 1080/24p, 1080/60p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i" but the 4k I can't get to come active from the pc. It's like I'm stuck in some little loop :).

Anyway it's not a huge deal, I would just like to see dcs in all of its glory if possible.

Thank you

tv is Sceptre w55. It's a cheapo but I bought it just for the x-box and pc.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]