DCS fails to load after crash - Black Screen

Hi folks,

I have the problem that my machine crashed while playing DCS and now it will not start. DCS comes up in windowed mode (which it is not supposed to) with the DCS Splash screen, then that goes away and a black screen is all that remains. Have left it for 30 mins but still remains the same.

I have attached the log file here. The issue seems to be these lines:

2019-03-29 04:07:04.805 ERROR Lua::Config: Lua error [string "./MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua"]:3: assertion failed! in "Scripts/autoexec.lua"

2019-03-29 04:07:05.054 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua"]:3: assertion failed!

I have deleted then repaired the autoexec.lua and the TableUtils.lua with the same problem still. I have also deleted and repaired several other .lua files mentioned in posts from other people with similar problems but the problem continues. Also deleted the metashader folders and the fxo folder. This problem is in my 'Open Beta' version of DCS. The 'Stable' version starts up as per normal. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled my beta version completely but the problem still happens when I try to start it.

I am now wondering if it is a registry error problem????

Is there anyone clued up on the log files or DCS startup that can assist?

Thanks in advance, :joystick:

Dean

dcs log.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK. hopefully good news. I found an older post here that renamed their Saved Games/DCS World folder. That regenerates the folder when you start DCS and that got mine going again.

Now to copy back as much as I can to see what actually breaks it....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Just had the same issue, thanks for sharing. I narrowed it down to renaming my options.lua to something else, launch DCS, it creates a new options.lua and it boots however, I lost all my custom settings which will be painful to get back.

• Like 1