TID IFF

CBenson89

I can’t figure out how to use the TID to mark targets as friendly or hostile. I will use the computer when I have hooked a target and mark it hostile or friendly. However once I deselect the hooked aircraft my designation goes away. What am I doing wrong? There’s no use in marking aircraft on the TID as friendly or hostile if the marking dissaoears once the target is unhooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shouldn’t disappear when you unhook. It will disappear if the track file is lost, even if it’s the same target just being tracked again. The AWG-9 doesn’t remember from one track file to the next, even if it’s just for a second.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

If I pull the hcu trigger and I lose the track on the DDD there is no way for the symbol to remain? I’m just trying to figure out if I can mark everything on my TID at once so I know which targets to worry about and which ones to ignore. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDD? Now I’m thinking you’re not in TWS. Designating the targets on the TID is a TWS thing. If you then go to the DDD and start locking targets in STT, now you’re going to lose the track files you’ve built (and you’re designations you’ve made).

I’m also thinking now about what you mean when you say “hook”. Hooking a target is done on the TID, not the DDD. When you bracket a target on the DDD and go full action, you’re not hooking it, you’re STT’ing it.

While in TWS, put the HCU into TID Cursor, then select the target on the TID, and go full action and it will brighten. That’s hooking. Now designate it as friend, hostile, what have you, and it will stay that way.

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick