A. i. restrict afterburner / jettison

Lenux

I played a single player mission with my F16C vs a MiG29

Whatever I'm doing, he is very fast, like a rocket, compared to F16C

Do I have to set the " restrict afterburner and jettison" to ON or Off ? With ON, he is using the full power

What else can I do, to make the A. i. climb slower ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It's a restriction, so 'restrict afterburner = on' will prevent the unit from using afterburner. Though I'm not sure it 100% prevents it in all cases, e.g. direct combat.

You say 'vs' so I assume you're fighting the 29, and in that case I don't think there's anything you can do* to change their combat behaviour. DCS AI is notorious for being UFOs with impossible acceleration and climb capabilities, so your best bet is probably to just try different AI opponents until you find one that provides sufficient challenge in-game, and not worry too much about what 'should' be a well-matched opponent.

* - you could probably find the data file that controls the AI MiG-29 thrust/speed etc. and tweak them to get something more reasonable.

Thank you

Where exactly is the data file that controls the speed / thrust ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5