Bug: Unable to repair special afterburner mode when not fully damaged

BlackPixxel

The special afterburner mode (Shift + E) has a limited operation time.

When the time was completely used the mode no longer is available. The engine can be repared on the ground by the repair menu. This resets the operation timer, and the mode works again.

But:

If the mode was only partially used, and there is still some operation time left, then the repair on the ground will not reset the timer.

Repair should completely repair the aircraft, and so even a partially used special afterburner mode should be fully repaired.

It would be very nice to see this fixed.

Thank you!

Edited by BlackPixxel

In my latest test when I used all the special AB time, and requested a forced repair with blowed off canopy. Ground crew not restored the 10 minutes of the special AB mode, fix was just partial.

my test from 2018: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219943

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Trackfile showing the bug(s)

Here is a trackfile showing the issue.

I spawn at high altitute and fly with special afterburner mode for about 9 1/2 minutes.

Then I land and spool down.

Bug #1:

I cannot repair, even though I have used special afterburner mode and my engine lost almost all of its special afterburner lifetime.

To be able to repair, I add additional damage to the plane (ripp of canopy).

Now I can repair and do the repair.

I take off again and go full afterburner.

Bug #2:

After just two minutes my special afterburner mode as well as the normal afterburner mode stops working. The special operation mode timer is now completely used up, because it has not been reset by doing a full aircraft repair.

Only if I would land now with the damaged special afterburner mode I would be able to do a full reset of the special afterburner operation timer.

Please fix this! A repair should reset the special afterburner timer, and I should also be able to repair a partially used special afterburner timer.

SpecialAB_repairBug.trk