Open Beta Monitor Exports Instructions A-10C 2

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. With the new release of the A-10C 2 DLC I'm getting back into DCS after a long hiatus. This is the first time I'm dealing with the OpenBeta version of DCS and I'm just looking for some guidance regarding exporting my viewports such as the Digital Clock, RWR, UHF... to my second monitor when using the Open Beta version of DCS.

I have them all setup and working in the standard version(\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World) but it looks like the file structure is a little different in the Open Beta version. I followed the instructions in the second post from here(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716) but I'm not sure If I put the files into the correct locations in the Open Beta version and if I need to reference the name of my monitor.cfg file(A10C Touch.cfg) in one of the other files such as the "ViewportHandling.lua". I might be wrong on that. It's been a while since I set these up and I can't really remember.

The issue is that I'm not able to see the viewports for the A-10C 2 in the Open Beta. I can see the MFCDs on my secondary monitor so I know part of it is working but I'm looking for some help making sure I've got the other .lua's(Digital Clock, RWR, UHF...) in the right directories and where, and if, I need to reference my monitor.cfg file name in any other files. Or, maybe there is just another setting or edit I missing somewhere.

Hopefully that made sense. Please let me know what information you may need and I will gladly provide. Below are the instructions I followed and the directories I used for both DCS World and DSC World Open Beta.

(NOTE: I slightly edited the instructions to make more sense to me and these were for version 1.1.1.1 of DCS so I know the file structure has changed since then.)

1. Copy the "Aircrafts" folder from either preset 1. MFCD in cockpit ON or 2. MFCD in cockpit OFF into Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\ and allow to overwrite.

I went into the Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\AN_ALR69V folder from the provided .zip file and placed the .lua file in the following directory;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator folder.

(I made a backup copy of the original AN_ALR69V.lua in the same directory)

I repeated this for the CDU, CMSC, CMSP, DigitalClock, MFCD, and UHF_Radio

I also placed the ViewportHandling.lua file from the Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit into the following directory;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit directory.

For the DCS World OpenBeta directories;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR59V\indicator folder.

(I did make a backup copy of the original AN_ALR69V.lua in the same directory)

I repeated this for the CDU, CMSC, CMSP, DigitalClock, MFCD, and UHF_Radio

I also placed the ViewportHandling.lua file in the following directory;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit directory.

2. Copy "Export example.lua"(monitor.cfg file which mine is named A10C Touch.cfg) to "\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\MonitorSetup"

DCS World directory;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

DCS World OpenBeta directory;

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

3. Select "Export example"(in my case A10C Touch) in the Options screen from the "Monitors" drop-down tab in the game menu.

And like I said the left and right MFCD's show up on my second monitor but nothing else.

My In-game setup is the following;

Main Monitor is 2560x1440 and my secondary monitor is 1920x1080(where I want the exports to be)

Resolution=4480x1440

Aspect Ratio=1.7777777777779

Monitors=A10C Touch

I just copied the A10C Touch,cfg file that is working in the standard version to the open Beta version and I only see the MFCDs so I'm missing something. Please help. I know it's probably something simple I overlooked and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading my nonsense.

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

So here I go once again replying to my own threads. (I think I'm going crazy. Who knows?? I do!!) So it seems like there was an update(2.5.6.55960 and it looks like the MFCD_init.lua got updated) JUST NOW for the OpenBeta version. So I ran the update, copied over the export .luas to the

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V...\indicator directories, relaunch the OpenBeta, ran one of the training missions, and POOF! everything is showing up on my 2nd monitor nice and purdy, ready for a Helios overlay.

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Thanks for sharing - gonna have a closer look next days to export the rwr.

I exported MFCD´s without trouble but RWR does not show on my 2nd monitor...

Gonna report back

Greetz Fabi

Windows 11 Pro, ASRock Z390 Pro4, i5-9600KF, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200, RX6900XT, TIR 4,TM Warthog Throttle and Stick, TM Pendular Rudders, Elgato Stream Deck XL