Ryzen 3 support for MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max.

I just surfed the net to figure when I will be able to update my BIOS and make my MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max ready for a future Ryzen 5 5600X and bumped into this topic, apparently the 1.1.0.0 Patch BIOS for Ryzen 5000 is available and ready for download, it is on my board support page.

Version
7B86vHA
Release Date
2020-11-27  
Description
- Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k7gwpc/updated_amd_agesa_comboam4v2pi_1100_patchd/

Obviously, I will contact MSI support and ask them if this is true but if it is, it is real good news for  MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max users.

Topic.jpg

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Prompt reply from MSI support, only 49mn after I emailed them:

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your motherboard 😊 Yes, AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 indeed supports Zen3 Vermeer 5000 series CPUs.

As the CPU is recently launched, there are newer bios versions in the works at the moment which will improve performance and stability so we highly advise you to check newer bios versions frequently.

Best regards,

etc.

So here you have the reason why I chose to be with MSI and stick with them, on top of the quality of my motherboard. Strong support.

Owners of the B450 GAMING PLUS MAX can confidently download the AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 BIOS update, I would advise that you follow the instruction for updating your BIOS by the letter. Enjoy!

https://uk.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX#support-cpu

MSI BIOS Update.jpg

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.