How to make working gauges in model?

I am getting perplexing errors trying to create analogue gauges for the cockpit of an airplane I have created.

I have searched and studied several existing mainpanel_ init.lua files to see how this is accomplished but keep getting the errors like those shown in the lines below.

2021-02-10 04:35:04.401 DEBUG Scripting: C:\Users\Paul\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/CF-105/Cockpit/Scripts/mainpanel_init.lua

----

local controllers = LoRegisterPanelControls()

-- Flight Instruments

AirspeedNeedle = CreateGauge()

AirspeedNeedle.arg_number = 11

AirspeedNeedle.input = {0, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700}

AirspeedNeedle.output = {0.0, 0.05, 0.10, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.35, 0.4, 0.45, 0.5, 0.55, 0.6, 0.65, 0.7}

AirspeedNeedle.controller = controllers.AirspeedNeedle

ERROR Scripting: [string "C:\Users\Paul\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/CF-105/Cockpit/Scripts/mainpanel_init.lua"]:17: attempt to call global 'LoRegisterPanelControls' (a nil value)

What am I missing? What and where are these 'globals' I am attempting to call?

I can't find any DCS files with these names. CreateGauge() and LoRegisterPanelControls

I have created a realistic looking cockpit with all the gauge objects, and arg based animations present but none of them work!

Anyone out there who has done this and figured it all out. Help please.

CF-105... hmm...

sorry - don't have anything directly useful to add but my guess is that you are not getting the output of function LoRegisterPanelControls() correctly (null vs content). I would start there.

local controllers = LoRegisterPanelControls()

What happens if you 'grep -ir LoRegisterPanelControls .' or similar? func revealed?

Edited by reece146

Thanks reece146,

yes, the short lived CF-105. It is awesome flying it in VR but it sure needs working gauges to complete it.

I am using Windows 10 so will try searching the mystery names with 'findstr'.  There are a lot of files to search in DCSWorld but will try that as a start!