SRS and VAICOM setup

Avalon66

Hi

I am struggling in order to find ther way to obtain a configuration able to fulfill the following user scenario:

• Warhog throttle hat switch with 2 ptt on radio 1 and 2 for SRS
  • Warthog throttle hat switches with 1 ptt able to engage Vaicom and interact with AI. It'd be acceptable also to use easy comm to avoid to tune radios for AI since playing in VR

I tried several config and now I am completely lost.

Anyone able to support me in order to achive that?

thanks

Hello Avalon66,

I have the Warthog throttle & stick, I have the 'thumb button' setup for radio 1 toward me, radio 2 up and radio 3 (MIDS or A-10C) away from me

These also selects the radios in SRS

However I have thumb button down as dedicated PTT for SRS

In essence, I can select radios and use Vaicom voice commands without transmitting through SRS, I can then select radios and transmit via SRS with the dedicated PTT button

I hope this helps

Liam

18 minuti fa, LiamK8 ha scritto:

Hello Avalon66,

I have the Warthog throttle & stick, I have the 'thumb button' setup for radio 1 toward me, radio 2 up and radio 3 (MIDS or A-10C) away from me

In essence, I can select radios and use Vaicom voice commands without transmitting through SRS, I can then select radios and transmit via SRS with the dedicated PTT button

I hope this helps

Liam

Thanks Liam,

can you please share the config you are using?

really I am lost and I do not have any clue how to achieve that.

cheers

Luca

18 minutes ago, LiamK8 said:

Hello Avalon66,

I hope this helps

Liam

I have a very similar setup and it works fine. However I'm curious how you use the radio 3 switch for MIDS (in the Hornet I presume) but for radio 3 in the A-10C. Do you change your SRS setup depending on module?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, Avalon66 said:

Thanks Liam,

can you please share the config you are using?

really I am lost and I do not have any clue how to achieve that.

cheers

Luca

Hello Luca,

Of course, let me get some screenshots for you

I have the corresponding Radio buttons mapped in DCS so you can select radios for Vaicom

SRS buttons.JPG

SRS Settings1.JPG

SRS Settings2.JPG

Vaicom Settings.JPG

Viacom buttons.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

I have a very similar setup and it works fine. However I'm curious how you use the radio 3 switch for MIDS (in the Hornet I presume) but for radio 3 in the A-10C. Do you change your SRS setup depending on module?

Hello,

To use MIDS is just like a 3rd radio (or 4th MIDS B) click D/L on UFC click ON, you then get an option of VOC A or VOC B. Click on the one you want eg VOC A then select a channel, we use 51, it defaults to 127, clear that then type in 51.

You then get anyone on the same MIDS channel appearing in your SA as A,B, C D etc

It is good as you have a radio for tower (COMM1) Radio for AWACS (COMM2) and an extra for wing or flight

I hope this helps

There are some really good vids on D/L and SA MIDS etc. here's one from the guru Wags himself 

2 hours ago, LiamK8 said:

Hello,

To use MIDS is just like a 3rd radio (or 4th MIDS B) click D/L on UFC click ON, you then get an option of VOC A or VOC B. Click on the one you want eg VOC A then select a channel, we use 51, it defaults to 127, clear that then type in 51.

You then get anyone on the same MIDS channel appearing in your SA as A,B, C D etc

It is good as you have a radio for tower (COMM1) Radio for AWACS (COMM2) and an extra for wing or flight

I think you missed the point of my question. I I have a button set up for Radio 3 in SRS. How do I use that same button for MIDS? Is MIDS mapped to SRS radio 3 by default in the Hornet? If so, that's news to me.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

2 minutes ago, sthompson said:

I think you missed the point of my question. I I have a button set up for Radio 3 in SRS. How do I use that same button for MIDS? Is MIDS mapped to SRS radio 3 by default in the Hornet? If so, that's news to me.

Sorry, you are correct, the F-18 by default uses COMM1 & COMM2 forward & back and MIDS A & B up and down. I have changed my mapping in DCS and SRS to be radio 1 back, radio 2 up and radio 3 (MIDS A) forward, leaving down as my dedicated PTT button.

I don't think it was initially mapped as it has only been introduced fairly recently. I just mapped MIDS A to the same button as radio 3 in DCS 

I hope this hasn't confused you more

Liam