DCS will not load/cannot get to launch with/without VR (Logitech Steering Wheel)

mazduhh
Go to solution Solved by mazduhh,

Hello, I seem to be having some problems getting DCS to work properly in VR. The game worked perfectly for a few days and then it refused to start. I have attempted to launch the game with VR disabled via command and I get the same results. I have tried launching WMR, SteamVR and WMR for Steam in various orders, I have completed full repairs, tried to delete a shader pack that I had installed, deleted the DCS file from my Saved Games folder and now I've completed a fresh re-installation of DCS, and I am still unable to launch the game. All VR apps have been updated as of writing.

The problem is that I only see the small DCS loading screen before authentication and then the game continues to load for hours if I let it. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing and the DCS log file. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you in advance for the help.

My setup:

Ryzen 7 2700

1080Ti

32GB RAM

1 TB 860 EVO SSD

HP Reverb G2

DCS Error 1.JPG

dcs.log

Edited by mazduhh
Formatting

• mazduhh changed the title to DCS will not load/cannot get to launch with/without VR

You are having issues because you have a G29 steering wheel

See this thread here

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• Solution
1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

You are having issues because you have a G29 steering wheel

See this thread here

That worked. Thank you. It's such a strange thing I never even suspected. 

Edited by mazduhh
  • Thanks 1

• mazduhh changed the title to DCS will not load/cannot get to launch with/without VR (Logitech Steering Wheel)