Phonetic Alphabet and Blank Airdrome cards.

ZQuickSilverZ

I made this using two sources from the internet.

It has been resized for convenience.

I hope this is not breaking copyright. Was not sure as the information itself (as far as I know) is public domain. If so feel free to delete it.

MORSE CODE.jpg

I made these myself using the Airdrome cards from DCS World as templates. I am eventually going to fill them out myself and probably add things like MORSE CODE designations for instance (suggestions welcome). These are sort of a prototype. I made these in paint and they took about 3 hours as I kept making design revisions. I also have the color version that matches the game if anyone is interested. I chose this design as it is printer friendly (less ink) and high contrast for easy visibility.

BLANK.png

Here is the 4 card version.

BLANK VERSION 2.png

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In case you were curious about the purpose of these, I designed these to be about the size of jumbo playing cards and to be laminated (use dry erase markers to mark coalition and take notes then wipe off when done). This allows you to pull the card for ONLY the airfields you plan on interacting with and allows you to update conditions, say if the airfield gets captured or you lose the ability to refuel. I am also going to have blanks for squadrons to use for ships and FARPS (note that says SHIPS and FARPS not S***TS and F**TS 😄).

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ
  • Like 1

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Really good idea there, nice one. :thumbup:

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, ZQuickSilverZ said:

Thank you.

Basically your idea is similar to the dry wipe cards carried by aircrew, but playing card sized is great for the PC environment. Kudos.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I would like to ask if someone would be so kind as to convert this to PDF for me.

I would like the text to be Calibri size 12 and the text to center with the boxes.

It is very important to keep the aspect ratio (W 435, H 675 PIXELS in PAINT) and size as these were designed to be printed out as cards.

I would be so appreciative if someone could help me out so I can keep these nice looking and get them done in a reasonable amount of time (paint is going to take me forever).

I do plan on sharing these with the community.

I have included a download link with the original JPG file.

TEMPLATE 1.jpg

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Basically your idea is similar to the dry wipe cards carried by aircrew, but playing card sized is great for the PC environment. Kudos.

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.

When I name the airfield I am also going to put the Su25T airfield code on it as part of the nomenclature. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bump for attention.

18 hours ago, ZQuickSilverZ said:

I would like to ask if someone would be so kind as to convert this to PDF for me.

I would like the text to be Calibri size 12 and the text to center with the boxes.

It is very important to keep the aspect ratio (W 435, H 675 PIXELS in PAINT) and size as these were designed to be printed out as cards.

I would be so appreciative if someone could help me out so I can keep these nice looking and get them done in a reasonable amount of time (paint is going to take me forever).

I do plan on sharing these with the community.

I have included a download link with the original JPG file.

TEMPLATE 1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is the latest version. I got rid of the NOTES section and added the MORSE CODE for the NDB's. I thought that might be more useful.

I have designed these to print 4 airfields per card. The last card will have the MORSE CODE and PHONETIC ALPHABET. 

Only the 2 on the right of the posted image are representative of what will be the final version (with most having 4 airfields as mentioned before).

These are designed to be printed, cut, and laminated. Of course you can use them (when they are finalized) how you see fit.

It will take me about a month to just do Caucasus. Sorry it will be so slow but I am having to do this in paint so it is a long process. I don't have fancy imaging software to center the text and even if I did I don't know how to use it. I would appreciate if some of you could print this out to see if you think it is legible. 

I would also appreciate any suggestions.

These will be approx 3 1/4" by 5" per card when printed.

FINAL MORSE CODE.png

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the finalized prototype. If you have any suggestions please speak now before I go too far down the rabbit hole.

CARD 1-4.png

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]