Oculus software conflict with Rift S

albix

Hello,

I just moved from Rift S to Reverb G2.

When I start DCS first I open WMR but during the boot of DCS the Oculus software (that I don't want to uninstall) opens too and if I try to close it I get a CTD of DCS.

How can I avoid the opening of Oculus?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards.

You can also bring up the properties for the Oculus exe, go to the compatibility tab, and check the "Run this program as administrator" box.  Hit apply, and you'll never have to mess with it again.  From that point on, when you want to use the Oculus software, you'll just have to manually start it...but it won't automatically start anymore when you go into VR on your G2.  Others have had that method stop working for them, but it still works on my rig, so hopefully it'll work on yours as well.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: