Upgraded my graphics card

Was able to get a msi armour rx570 8gb off of ebay last week. Seller had used it some for mining and it was giving him troubles.  I had trouble getting it to load windows but it finally did. Ran the Kombuster stress test and it shot right up to 90c I pulled it and replaced all the them pads and paste reinstalled it same thing. Even with the fans at max rpm it would not cool. Pulled it apart again and seen I needed to add more paste. this time it started to cool down/control the temp but it was still getting a corrupted screen and dropping out. Decided to reflash the bios and ran another program that verifies the bios signature or something like that. Now it was stable in windows and falcon bms but dsc would lock up and look like static on a tv. Seen a youtube vid on amd drivers and one kid said to select standard when you do a install. Unistalled the drivers with DDU reinstalled and select standard and everything is work as it should now. Big difference in fps and image upgrading form a rx550 4 gb.  Running in the mid 70's fps  2.7 stable with everything on high except for mssa off and the last 2 options on the lower left corner off cant remember what they are. 1080p  old dell t3600 xeon 1650 3.2g/32g ram /ssd drives and using a LG 43inch 4k flatscreen tv. This is  with single player missions  

Everyone take care

Justin

Edited by Tomcat388th
  • Like 2

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

• 2 weeks later...

Well sounds like it took some effort to get working. Glad you got some better hardware that improved your simming experience. I am looking forward to my next big upgrade.

Edited by HalasKor
Corrected “swimming” to “simming”

Aircraft:

A-10C|A-10C II|AV-8B N/A|AJS-37|F-14|F-15E|F-16C|F/A-18C|FC3|P-51D

KA-50|Mi-24P|SA-342|UH-1H|AH-64D

Terrains:

Syria|Persian Gulf|Normandy|NTTR|Sinai