SAM firing zones - please help!

Coollimes

Hi all,

I've built a mission and I've created Base Defence Zones with trigger zone, such that if a unit recovers inside 15nm and is not recovering via one of these safe lanes then a RED Patriot system will activate and appear and then target them. However, I can't find a way to have the patriot system just target along a set azimuth and target the units on that azimuth. There's no option for that and I don't want it shooting down everything around! Can anyone help please?

Coollimes

Overview.png

Once the Patriot has destroyed its target it will auto hide again, it's just that at the moment I can't figure out a way to have the Blue Patriot target the friendly recovering aircraft, unless anyone knows a way please?

Edited by Coollimes

• Coollimes changed the title to SAM firing zones - please help!

I think probably impossible since I don't believe you can give ground units specific targets.

You could invert it and make anyone approaching via the safe lanes execute the 'invisible -> true' command to make them invisible to the AI (and then 'invisible -> false' when they leave the safe lane). If there might be combat with AI occurring in the safe lanes then that's not going to be an option since it will prevent any AI from engaging them, not just the specific Patriot launcher.

• Like 1