Creating Specific Mission for Screen Shots-HELP

ProPilot21

I am trying to make some videos and do some screenshots and wanted help figuring out how to do something. If anyone is familiar with the JF17 Thunder aircraft preview video, in that it shows the plane on the ramp with all its different weapons on display surrounding the aircraft on the ramp. 

I would like to do the same for some of my screenshots and videos, but with the F/A-18C Hornet and the F-14 Tomcat. I tried adding as a static object, but did not see weapons as an option, unless is it under something else? How can I do this with these aircraft, what mission editor things do I need to do?

Any help is appreciated. Thank You!

2 ways to do this: 

1. Place a client unit with the loadout you want and get into the plane. Then you can do screenshots / video in the external views.

2. Place an AI unit (group) with the loadout you want but set it to "uncontrolled" in the mission editor. With that the unit will just park at the parking postion without an pilot in cockpit. 

Using static units won't let you add loadouts. 

Understood on the client. I guess what I really want to know is how to show the weapons and munitions on the ramp around the parked plane for display for some screenshots and videos. How can I achieve what is shown in the photo attached I got from the DCS World JF-17 Thunder video? This is exactly what I want to do, but with the F/A-18 Hornet and the F-14 Tomcat since those are the modules I have. Is this possible anyone? If so, how?

JF17.jpg

I don't that that is possible for you to do unless you have access to the 3D models that are used in the image, and import them as separate scenery objects first (you can import 3D objects to use in your missions. However, anyone who wishes to play that mission must also import those objects into their own DCS installation). There's a really nice 3D object pack made by a Virpil (the advanced controller company) staffer that you can add to your DCS installation and then add great-looking common airfield objects. So you need the Hornet's weapons as separate 3D models first, import them into DCS, and then you can place them with ME.

Edited by cfrag