Can you sell your DCS account?

Leonski

From the EULA:

In consideration of you agreeing to abide by the terms of this Licence, Eagle Dynamics SA hereby grants to you a non-transferable, limited right and licence to install the Program and the Documentation solely and exclusively for your personal use on the terms of this Licence. All rights not specifically granted under this Licence are reserved by Eagle Dynamics SA and, as applicable, Eagle Dynamics's licensors.

The Program is licensed for your use. This Licence confers no title or ownership in the Program and should not be construed as a sale of any rights in the Program.

…and…

You undertake to use the Program for your own personal use, and you shall not:

(a) sell, exchange, rent, lease, sub-license, merge, adapt, vary, modify the Program, or any copies of the Program, without the express prior written consent of Eagle Dynamics SA;

So it sure doesn't sound like it. The license agreement is between you and ED, and cannot be transferred to any third party.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team

Officially, the sale, exchange or gifting of the modules is prohibited by the ED rules. Unofficially, the seller can change his email on the buyer's email and transfer access to his account. But officially the seller remains the owner of these modules. And he may demand from the tech support to return him "lost" (stolen) purchases (such cases have been repeatedly). If we detect the fact of licenses resale, we will block all modules.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I can't dissuade anyone from spending their money.
I just warned that in six months this guy might write us a request about a "stolen" account.
Although there are difficulties in life, and someone really needs money after losing their job (for example).
From our point of view, this seller remains the owner of the modules in any case. And I regret that ED policy forbids doing this officially and safely.

• Thanks 2