AI RIO - A way to choose specific target from RWS (workaround)?

SgtPappy

Really new to the AI RIO extension and am loving it so far!

It's saved lots of time, has added tons of immersion to the F-14 experience and has made Jester quite deadly before the merge. 

However, I am having trouble with something that maybe someone could provide some experience with. There is currently no command to have Jester target a specific contact with AI RIO from RWS (only from TWS). My favourite 80's servers don't use the AIM-54 so the command to STT a specific TWS target number is not available (i.e. in TWS, targets are only assigned attack numbers by the AWG-9 if there are AIM-54's carried). I have been using the Jester wheel but in the middle of combat, it's tough to navigate through the a bunch of Jester wheel layers (BVR radar > STT target > choose specific target > etc.).

Is there a way to setup a custom profile that will take me to straight to the "choose specific target" wheel?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, SgtPappy said:

Really new to the AI RIO extension and am loving it so far!

It's saved lots of time, has added tons of immersion to the F-14 experience and has made Jester quite deadly before the merge. 

However, I am having trouble with something that maybe someone could provide some experience with. There is currently no command to have Jester target a specific contact with AI RIO from RWS (only from TWS). My favourite 80's servers don't use the AIM-54 so the command to STT a specific TWS target number is not available (i.e. in TWS, targets are only assigned attack numbers by the AWG-9 if there are AIM-54's carried). I have been using the Jester wheel but in the middle of combat, it's tough to navigate through the a bunch of Jester wheel layers (BVR radar > STT target > choose specific target > etc.).

Is there a way to setup a custom profile that will take me to straight to the "choose specific target" wheel?

Wondering the same! Actually just made a post about it.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria