Massive Download

Bluecat

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but...

I've had DCS (Steam) on my computer for a long time, and I have auto-updates enabled. I've always kept it current. It's been about 3 weeks since I played DCS. But just now when I tried to run it, it wants to "Install" a massive 210 Gig download. Not update, but "Install"--as if DCS is not even on my computer.

Is that normal? It feels "off" to me.

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Edited by Bluecat

That does sound peculiar to me as well, that's almost as if the disk it was installed on barfed while steam was verifying the integrity of the files. So long as it's an isolated occurrence I wouldn't worry about it, if it does happen again though it may be worth looking into a specific cause (in which case you may ping me if you so desire).

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

• ED Team

No, this is not normal. There may be a problem with the Steam client. In this case, the client reinstall the game again. Try to clear the download cache.
In the Steam client, go to the "Settings" menu. To do this, open the Steam menu in the upper left corner of the client and select "Settings".
In the window that opens, select the "Downloads" tab. Click the "Clear Download Cache" button at the bottom.
If you still need help, please contact Steam support.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, maximov said:

No, this is not normal. There may be a problem with the Steam client. In this case, the client reinstall the game again. Try to clear the download cache.
In the Steam client, go to the "Settings" menu. To do this, open the Steam menu in the upper left corner of the client and select "Settings".
In the window that opens, select the "Downloads" tab. Click the "Clear Download Cache" button at the bottom.
If you still need help, please contact Steam support.

Thanks for the response.

Here is what Steam Support says, when I follow their flow-chart: "Unfortunately, DCS World Steam Edition does not utilize Steam to manage its items. You will need to contact their Support Team for any questions about your items in that game."

I'm not quite sure what to do next. Is it a DLC issue? In the Library // DCS properties // DLC tab, it lists 7 modules, from Supercarrier to F14 to Syra to Marianas. But I don't see DCS World itself listed there. Maybe that's normal. I'm not sure.

Thanks, and please let me know if there is something I'm supposed to do.