Typhoon version?

rocaf2003

Even if they were, they're all NATO missiles, in all but one case operated primarily by one of the major Eurofighter operators (the Brits). Although, Iran supposedly has or had RBS-70, so it could be added as an AI unit someday.

I don't think Heatblur is aiming to a particular Tranche or block but they will model all those capabilities, systems, and hardware they can get reliable information of. I find this approach the correct one because the representation of these features will be realistic, you will just not be able to say (this is a Tranche 2 Block 10). If they aim for an specific Tranche or Block, they will be limiting themselves.

What if they decide to do a Tranche 2 Block 10 but can get information on the Brimstone or Meteor missile? Should they leave these stuff out because they are not for the specific version modelled?

In my opinion, Heatblur is taking the right approach here.

• Like 6

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Specifically, they're making an aircraft that could exist or have existed at some point, but does not specifically represent any particular jet. Real airframes are all frankentyphoons, and it's quite common for earlier tranches to be retrofitted with some newer equipment. There's no block system for the Eurofighter, a "tranche" is just about when the particular aircraft was delivered. When the new functionality is integrated, it comes with any tranche delivered afterwards, and it can be fitted into pretty much any aircraft that came earlier.

There are Blocks in the Eurofighter programme, but blocks aren't the same as for US aircraft. They represent a particular physical build standard. The PSC is the most accurate description of an aircraft's capabilities. I've attempted to  describe all of this here.