Where to find the controls names DCS BIOS.

JohnMclane

Hey guys! complete beginner here... I have experience coding and building stuff so Im used to find my way looking around youtube and google but Im completely stuck here.

Im trying to find the name of a control that ISNT included in DCS BIOS. Im building a M-2000 radar panel and the control Im looking for is the Radar Display Mode switch name... i.e the air ground VISU mode switch is "AG_RAD_VISU_MODE_SW". Where to you find to names outside of the Control Reference section in DCS BIOS?

4 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Which DCS BIOS fork are you looking in?

The control reference in the hub... If all I need for this button box is to use buttons, dont need leds or any kind of feedback, would I be better off using MMJOY2 for this project?

22 hours ago, JohnMclane said:

The control reference in the hub... If all I need for this button box is to use buttons, dont need leds or any kind of feedback, would I be better off using MMJOY2 for this project?

OK. Two things.
1) Hub may not have what you're after as it's not currently updated, and hasn't been for a while.  The "Flight Panels Fork" may have it.  What label comes up when you put the cursor over the switch?
Having had a look at the Flight Panels control reference, it might be this:

DcsBios::Switch2Pos radGridSelSw("RAD_GRID_SEL_SW", PIN);

That's shown as the "Radar Grid Selector Switch", and switches the display between PPI and B-scope modes.
I can't check the Hub reference as I don't have the Mirage, but that might help you find it.

2) You could use an Arduino Pro micro or Leonardo with the "joystick" library to create a button box that your PC sees like any other joystick.
There are also Leo Bodnar boards and "Zero delay USB interfaces" that could also work like that for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, No1sonuk said:

OK. Two things.
1) Hub may not have what you're after as it's not currently updated, and hasn't been for a while.  The "Flight Panels Fork" may have it.  What label comes up when you put the cursor over the switch?
Having had a look at the Flight Panels control reference, it might be this:

DcsBios::Switch2Pos radGridSelSw("RAD_GRID_SEL_SW", PIN);

That's shown as the "Radar Grid Selector Switch", and switches the display between PPI and B-scope modes.
I can't check the Hub reference as I don't have the Mirage, but that might help you find it.

2) You could use an Arduino Pro micro or Leonardo with the "joystick" library to create a button box that your PC sees like any other joystick.
There are also Leo Bodnar boards and "Zero delay USB interfaces" that could also work like that for you.

Thank you! I originally missed your reply because I ultimately decided to go another route. Im using a pro micro with MMJOY2 and just binded keys in DCS. One thing that helped is that the mirage has ELSE options for 3 way switches which made it really easy.

• Like 1