Scoreboard UI improvement to show Mission Goals statuses, especially in MP.

esb77

For a military simulator it would be very nice to be able to display mission tasks accomplished or not accomplished to the players, better than DCS presently does.

For all its faults and limitations, in the Mission Editor it's fairly easy to set flags to keep detailed track of things that have or have not been accomplished in a mission.   Getting those results out to players in a convenient, on demand, human readable format is a nightmare.

A UI element, that would take a Mission Goal  

Mission_Goal_Name(score, coalition)

So say an example: Save the fuel truck(10, BLUE)

and an accomplished/not accomplished set of the associated conditions:

for example:

UNIT DEAD(EnemyArmor1-1)

and

UNIT ALIVE(FriendlySupply1-1)

with a script or dialog entry that would let the mission designer assign the conditions a text string as a name to be reported to the UI

GOAL CONDITION(1,"Armor killed") = UNIT DEAD(EnemyArmor1-1)

and

GOAL CONDITION(2,"Fuel Truck Alive") = UNIT ALIVE(FriendlySupply1-1)

where the output would be like this if both the enemy armor and the fuel truck were still alive:

Mission Goal Scores

Coalition Blue                                                                Coalition Red

Goal                    Points          Objectives                            Goal                     Points      Objectives

Save the fuel truck     0/10 points     1 Armor killed  false                 Nul                      Nul         Nul

2 Fuel Truck Alive true

Code only used to preserve column alignment here, obviously you'd want to have some sort of GUI display set up for the various fields.  Probably a check mark or other graphic for the condition display rather than a print out of the boolean value.

I suppose you'd probably also have to limit the number of goals per coalition, and the number of conditions per goal to keep the display reasonably readable.

At any rate, I think this would be a tremendously useful addition to the current scoring functionality which is really just a kill counter.  Note, I have no particular preference about whether this sort of function would be integrated into the existing SP and MP score displays, or implemented as a completely independent UI and keybind.

Edited by esb77
  • Like 3

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.