PAN SPATIAL Killswitch - concept next gen fighter

Matis

I have just learned about this futuristic concept design named Killswitch (made by PAN SPATIAL) and was wondering what you guys think about it.

https://pan-spatial.com/albums/2283555

It really does look like something that might be actually build, realistic but also beautiful design of next gen stealth fighter.

I find the most intriguing the change between configurations of different stages of flight / carrier landings / take-offs. Storing missiles in between engines inside fuselage, simple but yet ingenious design.

Elevator and rudder to be actually the same surfaces, thrust vectoring 😍

I wish this design would be approved for prototype manufacturing ... so that we can one day have it in DCS  😄 , even if only a semi-realistic mod. (not a request, this thread is meant just for fun speculations)

😍 It just does look right from every angle ... 

Edited by Matis

• Matis changed the title to PAN SPATIAL Killswitch - concept next gen fighter

Looks like something from ArmA3 or Ace Combat. I'm not sure how practical those interlocking wings would be. Pretty, but that's all it is. Par the course, because this company specializes in making concept art. It's just artwork that can be used to make PowerPoint slides for presenting to people with only a vague idea what a modern fighter is.

You are right the interlocking wings may not be necessary, although looking at the design the whole ''group'' of engines / air intake / and also the wings are moving all together.

So it seems to me that for such design keeping wings separable would require additional, probably more complex mechanisms to work. But having them fixed with other parts and making them as part of the whole moving ''group'' it looks like vailid option.

Anyway concepts like these at minimum serve as inspiration to others and who knows, it has been few years since this concept came out, some considerations for real development may have taken place 😉

I doubt it. It's an artwork. The only thing it does is look nice, and the only thing this studio does is artwork. Not engineering. This is nothing but a pretty picture of a purely fictional plane. It's highly unlikely a real one would look like that artwork, artists are typically not engineers.