Request you add MS Text-to-speech API into DCS Scripting Engine

TEMPEST.114

Yep, this kindda ties into the in game voice comms, we need an API to use it. Right now we can mission script into the Google, MS and Azure TTS as much as we like but only via Ciribobs SRS External Audio executable, for which you need to disable the default sanitization for OS module in Lua in your missionscripting.lua file. If you want to go further you can avoid that with plugins, which are even more invasive globally and have a low level maintenance attached to check they are installed, updated and supported, rather than a mission by mission approach.

Not using the TTS capabilities in the cloud is not an option to me, the voices of the paid tier are so good and so immersive and you can write text for them whatever way you want that it was the best innovation of 2021 as far as I am concerned with DCS. It's basically free on demand voice acting that you can assemble sentences from via scripting. Just insanely powerful and cool. No need to ever hear Wags's "Hey what are you doing" voice again. 😄

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 year later...

I concur, this is so much demanded and needed option. I managed to get Google TTS via MOOSE and SRS, but it's unplayable on non-dedicated server, because I get that CMD popups. Also, desanitasing mission environment troubles me.

MSI z790, i5 13600k128 Gb DDR4, RTX 4090, 980 pro 2 Tb, 4 SATA SSD, 3 HDD, SB AE-7, Acer 35" curved UltraWide 200Hz, LG CX 55" HDR 120Hz G-Sync, Logitech G510s, Razer Tartarus v2, Naga hex v2, Pico 4 256 Gb, Thrustmaster WARTHOG, RS FSSB MK II Ultra, TPR pedals, Cougar MFDs, Logitech flight switch and radio panels, x56 throttle, Saitek throttle quadrant, Trackir 5, Buttkicker gamer+, Logitech G920 with pedals, shifter, handbrake, Steam controller, Sony Dualsense, Edifier s760d 5.1 540Wt, Beyerdynamic dt 990 (600 ohm), dt 770 pro (250ohm), Razer stream controller, Elgato stream deck XL

FC4, A10-CII, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F-18, Viggen, Mirage F1, M2000, Yak-52, C-101, MB-339, Sabre, Mig-15, Mig-21, I-16, Spitfire, Bf-109, 190A8,D9,  P-47, P-51,  Mosquito, Ka 50-III, Mi-8, AH-64D, Mi-24, Gazelle, CH-47, NS430, Supercarrier, ALL maps, CA, WW2 assets pack