Geographical position feature suggestions, and more

DaveSD

Hey everyone,

Here are some things I'd like to see incorporated into the mission editor.

"Jump to location" using any or all methods of geo-location - lat/long,etc. Another option could be "Place unit at location" and/or "Place group at location," although "Jump to location" could serve the same purpose.

I'd like to see is the ability to break individual units out from the group they're in. Ordinarily this wouldn't be much of a request, but it's a bit more important when creating semi-dynamic campaigns (one mission's results dictating what's in the next mission, updated manually),. If one unit in a group is killed, it would be easy to ditch the dead one. This may be possible now by changing the number of units in the group, but if it is then I've messed it up and accidentally deleted the entire group.

This one would probably be hard to add, but I'd like to see the ability to use additional 3D model formats and digital image formats for skins.

As many of us want, multi-point polygon trigger zones, or (which I just thought of) the ability to merge multiple trigger zones, which would serve the same purpose. Actually, that's a better option because both polygonal and oval zones could be combined. The behind-the-scenes computing for this might be tricky. I'm a little familiar with the SVG image format, and I assume trigger zones use a similar method to mathematically define a shape. Complex shapes, like merged polygonal and oval zones, could require a lot of markup code.

I sometimes run my own version of a dynamic campaign - basically one mission with multiple client aircraft located at multiple airfields, so that if one is destroyed, I want to fly a different aircraft or fly from a different location, it's easy to pause the mission, make the change, and continue on. Of course, any and all anticipated mission changes (aside from aircraft type, weapons load-outs and spawning airfield) need to be included in advance with late activation. Unfortunately, there's no way I'm aware of to do real in-game mission planning with waypoints, etc.

Okay, enough words from me today.

Dave