German Simpilot looking for likeminded people to do some flying (german and Allied side)

Winger

Hey Guys,

my Name is David, I am 49 years of age and live in germany. I am very passionate about Flightsims since I started flying WWI back in the day when Rise of Flight came out first. I was very competitively flying VERY intensively and almost every day back then.
Inbetween life caught up with me, I ran through a divorce, had some issues with my health and what else life brings with it:)
Now I settled with a new Woman. I never lost my interest in Flight- and space sims and continuously kept building out my simrig.
I tried everything including a motion rig. A disc herniation, the lack of space in my flat and the need to also being able to work on the same desk forced me to sell the motion rig. Anyways. I built myself a pretty nice Sim-desk and am also using a VR headset (currently Pico 4, planning on getting a Varjo Aero or Pimax crystal soon).
Right now I am learning to fly my missions with all the Fighterplanes, the Mosquito and also hopefully soon some bombers. Right now I am mainly flying singleplayer in campaigns in order to become more secure on the operation of these birds.

I am looking for some likeminded guys that are welcoming to „new“ players.
Even thou i got my fair share of experience flying fixed wing piston aircraft i am new to the DCS platform. This and the fact that I had a big break in flying due to real life is why I would consider myself „new“.

I speak english quite well (even thou I lack some words here and there) and of course german.
I would not want to lock myself to only german speaking suqads and also not to one that only flies one side or the other. I just love all those warbirds, no matter wich side developed them.

Regarding activity I would specify my playing behavior more in the „casual“ region. I get to fly like 3 of 4 Times a week, mainly in the evenings. Well, sometimes its more, sometimes less.

So please contact me If you think i could fit your squad.

All the best

David aka Winger

• Like 2

I can only recommend you jump into Multiplayer, online. Playing with groups of other people just adds another dimension to the whole thing. As I’ve been learning, also largely on single player, I found I started to get lazy, just doing the things I’d found out how to do and shying away from ‘new’ stuff. Playing with others with greater knowledge and skill is challenging but it provides a huge opportunity to draw on the wealth of experience others can offer.

To give yourself the best start in multiplayer, if you want to get involved with others online, I’d recommend…
1. Make sure you are running the ‘Standalone’ version of DCS
2. Make sure you are running the latest ‘Open Beta’ version of DCS ‘standalone’
3. Set yourself up with a Discord account
4. Look for people running ‘Training Servers’. On a training server you will most likely find everyone to be very accommodating of ‘new’ players who will often ‘bend over backwards’ to help you.

I do not think it is my place to recommend anyones server over anyone elses. However, I have had much fun, and considerable help, on…
1. Wolf Pack’s servers
2. DCS Hooligans servers
3. 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron
4. 4YA Training Servers…
… to name but a few!

Just jump in, if it gets too much for you then just hop back into SinglePlayer for a while.
Enjoy!

• Like 2

Self Build: 5000D Airflow Case, Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero DDR 5 MOBO, 1200W Corsair Modular PSU, I9-12900K CPU, MSI 3080 ti 12GB GPU, Corsair Vengence 64GB DDR5 5600 RAM, H150i Elite CPU Cooler, 2 x 1TB & 1 x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD's, Windows 10 Pro OS, Samsung Odyssey G7 28" G-Sync (3840 x 2160 Resolution) Monitor, Thrustmaster, ROG Strix Go 2.4 Headset , HOTAS Warthog Stick, Throttle & TPR Rudder mounted on WheelStandPro V2 rig. TrackIR 5 - DCS: Channel, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, S. Atlantic, Sinai - FC3, Super Carrier, Spitfire, Mosquito, P-51, P-47, Bf-109, FW-190 A-8, AH-64D, Huey, F18-C Hornet, AV-8B, F-16C, F-5E, A-10C II, F-86E Sabre, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-14 Tomcat, Viggen, MB-339. Android Tablet with DCS UFC & DCS NAV

• 2 weeks later...