Vihks fall short

DeltoBrava

I was playing the first campaign mission and upon switching targets all the sudden my vihk's started to fall short by roughly 1km.

I thought maybe my laser was burned out so I turned it off, flew back to base and re armed. Came back and tried targeting 5 different targets and my missles would continue to fall short after locking on to the target. I thought maybe my laser still needed to cool down more so I flew around for 5 or so minutes and repeated the process. Missles still fell short.

I figured something must be damaged even though I had not been shot at. Headed back to the base to repair. Shut off all my engines and sat there for about 5 minutes. Started everything back up, made sure my entire weapon system was reset, then started the weapon arming process over again. Got to my targets and my missles were still falling short about 1km. These targets were all within 3 - 5 km and were not out of range of the vihks.

Even with targeting off, the vihks would still nose dive into the ground after going a certain distance (about 2.5km), where as before I made some 8km shots without locking the targets, but just by holding the schval on the target.

I have played countless hours online and have never seen this happen with the vihks. Is this a bug or is there something I'm not aware of?

Were the targets UK Challenger II tanks by any chance?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

zu-23 emplacements, t-55 tanks, fuel trucks, stinger man pads, and something that looked like a bmp.

The target didn't matter in my situation, the vihks refused to travel the full 3km to the target. They loved the taste of dirt so they kept nose diving into the ground for no reason.

I had that happen to on a number of occassions, everything looks good for a clean shoot and even if I had killed something just seconds before and then goto fire again, the vihkr will take a nose dive, you can tell straight away as their is no guidance to them at all, they just seem to fly for the ground without trying to guide at all, I dont know what the problem is but it sure is annoying especially if you are on your last few missiles and they start to nose dive forcing you to either go back and re-arm or try and take the targets out with what you have left and if its tanks and you only have your cannon then it isnt looking good :(

Thanks, atleast I know it's a confirmed bug now.

Just beat campaign chapter 1 - mision 1. Got to mission 2 and it happened to me on the last 10 or so targets. I was forced to try and sneak up on 2 zu-23 gun placements with my cannon which didnt work because it was level ground all around them. The checkpoint was right near them so I had to do a suicide dash right between them and went down because I took 25 rounds.

Hopefully this bug is fixed because it kills any chances you have of beating this game without immortality on.