Straight and Level Instantaneous Over G

Buckshot15

While flying MC on a MP server, I was straight and level and had a wing instantly ripped off. Aircraft was still controllable, so I continued to fly. WSO reported the intact wing looked super bent, but on my screen it was still completely straight. That leads me to believe there was some sort of desync that caused his client to thing the jet was Over Gd? logs to follow

dcs.log-20230627-040017.zip dcs.log

I've had a similar instances as WSO in MP where the view starts shaking and the wings are badly bent up like they've overstressed. The pilot doesn't see any structural damage and if I rejoin the slot, the damage and shaking disappears.

Best I can tell, desync between pilot on WSO caused warping on the WSO end which then is reported on that client as aerodynamically caused damage.

I suggest a solution would be to ensure the WSO client derives all ownship damages from the pilot client.

That, and the interpolation done to make pilot client manoeuvres look normal to the WSO is bounded by what the aircraft can actually do - ie, not accelerate downwards instantaneously at 70g.

This happens to us whenever my WSO gets a lagspike and we are in any kind of maneuver. 2 G on my end will turn into 12 on his. We have "bent wings" on his end nearly every single flight, even when my maximum pulls are no more than 4 G for many of those sorties.

WSO re-slotting back into the aircraft fixes it most of the time. The issue is when the WSOs "damage model" syncs back over to the pilots..then you're in trouble. That has also happened a few times.

• Like 1