M13, Convoy always damaged

I send F15's to destroy targets via F10 comms, and then wingman to destroy AA, and I search and intent to destroy AA. But after three attempts always end the same, a message saying that the convoy has taken a lot of damage and that the mission is failed. Even with the (ineffective) help of the wingman, I have always had to destroy up to three AA, but the convoy arrives very quickly. What am I doing wrong? It would not be better if the convoy waited for my order to reach the area, when I was sure that there were no more AA?

• Like 1

Not sure we understand?

When you engage the first convoy, your wingman will also follow and engage them too. F-15E flight circliing above will then automatically engage and destroy rest of the convoy. Once convoy destroyed you will be promopted to locate the next convoy. 

Hope that helps?

Thank you for answering so quickly...

When I say convoy, I'm referring to the Special Ops Assault Group.

This is the development of the mission:

1. They tell me on the radio that there is a first group of bad boys. I am given the option to send the F15s through via F10, and I do. I have not searched nor found that first group of bad boys, maybe that is the problem? I simply command the F15s, and they are "supposed" to do their job, and that's how they tell me.

2. The same with the second group of bad boys. I am given the option to send the F15s through this second group of bad boys via F10, and I do.

3. I send wingman to destroy AA remaining.

3. Radio tell me The Special Ops Assault Group is five minutes away, and remove the remaining AA. I see up to 3 AA remaining (that no one has eliminated) shooting into the sky. I then destroy all them, but it seems that not fast enough, and message appears saying that the convoy has taken a lot of damage and that the mission is failed.

Am I going too fast and I have to support the F15 in eliminating each of the groups?

I got the exact same problem. I order all flights to attack waypoint 3 and 4 and my wingman to attack the AA. Then comes the message, that the convoy has taken a lot of damage and that the mission is failed.

Yesterday the message didn't appear, but I also had the three UH-60 just flew around in circles and the mission was stuck.

Today I wanted to try again, and now I have another mission 12 in the menu. If I choose mission 12, 13 or the new 12 I always get to mission 12 HVT. See screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yswxyfnp3qkjfnp/Screenshot 2023-07-02 214408.png?dl=0

11 hours ago, operatorone said:

I got the exact same problem. I order all flights to attack waypoint 3 and 4 and my wingman to attack the AA. Then comes the message, that the convoy has taken a lot of damage and that the mission is failed.

Yesterday the message didn't appear, but I also had the three UH-60 just flew around in circles and the mission was stuck.

Today I wanted to try again, and now I have another mission 12 in the menu. If I choose mission 12, 13 or the new 12 I always get to mission 12 HVT. See screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yswxyfnp3qkjfnp/Screenshot 2023-07-02 214408.png?dl=0

Yes, that also happened to me, I have modified the logbook.lua directly so that the next mission is 13 again.

I give up, I don't try anymore, the F15s bomb a small part of the defenses, but I can't with the rest in time, the special forces should wait for my signal when it is clear and not go free, in the end, despite what I said of this campaign in the first missions, it has been another like the others, final missions that are impossible to finish or simply have bugs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone's stuck on this you have to focus on the ground targets at waypoint 4, particularly the 2 groups to the right of the main group near the road.   I forgot the direction but they will be to the right on your initial run in and they go untouched by your other flights that you push.   If you can clear them of the zu-23s and btrs by the time the choppers come through they'll be able to get to compound charlie.  There are numerous peripheral isolated zu-23s that you can leave alone as long as waypoint 4 area is clear.  If it's not the choppers start deviating from their flight plan and get chewed up by the other zu 23s.  Once zeus lands at the compound the rest is pretty easy as they'll egress the same way they came in.   However on completing the mission back at the hangar with the big end campaign messages and flyovers I'm getting a mission fail and revert to mission 12. 

Edited by dhlrugby
  • Like 1

na, three more intents, another wasted hour in my life instead of blowing up campaigns from serious developers. 

As you say, I have focused on waypoint 4, but nothing, as for the helo, it is five minutes away, it says that it has suffered a lot of damage and failed mission.

How wrong I was in my first impression of this campaign, it goes from bad to worse as the missions go by. It's as if he gave detail to the first missions and then they finish it in a hurry. Never more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Il 2/7/2023 at 21:51, operatorone ha scritto:

Have the same choppers problem: stuck  in this mission for a week now. The Snakeyes are a factor, in FF mode are quite erratic but today risking some low altitude in RET mode I was able to eliminate AAA at WP4, Zeus transmitted his arrival at WP5 for the incursion but the Chinooks made a wide circle without landing and RTB at a diversion airfield and the Black Hawks continue to circle around. Near bingo, RTB'd to Incirlick and finish the campaign with a 60% rate.

Another thing that made me think is why don't use a mixed load with CBUs or LGBs? This ease our life,this's true, but in RL isn't one of the reason of new weapons development, easy life for the pilots ,improving the kill and survivability hitting targets from distance?

I'm quite frustrated now for a Campaign that I like...

This is not intended as critics for the devs but as a possible feedback about a products with a great potential

Edited by Kurnass1977