Up-to-date Info on Moose on Visual Studio Code

Go to solution Solved by Kirito,

Howdy fellows,

I decided to revisit LUA after a few years and, since I'll need some interesting stuff to enhance my self-motivation, I've concluded that tackling MOOSE would be a good choice. I'm following FlightControl's tutorials on youtube and thought that Visual Studio Code would be useful. Looking for instructions on how to implement MOOSE in VSC, I didn't find anything current - only this instructions

Does anyone know an up-to-date content that shows how to implement MOOSE in Visual Studio Code?

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.  

I have limited VS experience doing Unity basic coding tutorials a few years ago.  VS is the only program I know, and I'd like to learn Lua.

Does anyone have the knowledge/patience to help me get the right extensions? into VS, so I can start learning Lua?

I've tried following numerous guides but this stuff just isn't my 2nd language just yet.  

Thanks in advance.

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 10:14 PM, Gunslinger52 said:

Hi all.  

I have limited VS experience doing Unity basic coding tutorials a few years ago.  VS is the only program I know, and I'd like to learn Lua.

Does anyone have the knowledge/patience to help me get the right extensions? into VS, so I can start learning Lua?

I've tried following numerous guides but this stuff just isn't my 2nd language just yet.  

Thanks in advance.

'52

Did you figure it out?

If not, install EmmyLua (for example) as a VSCode extension. You may also need to install Java on your windows computer if not already done so as Emmy requires it.

Then, copy the github repository for MOOSE to your drive. Then you need to "add folder to workspace" (the one that contains MOOSE) and then you will have IntelliSense inside VSCode.

I know that was short, but incase you already solved the problem, I didn't want to write a long response. If you need further instructions, just let me know.